Right now, there's no series that I stop to watch on a regular basis, but I've seen 4 or 5 episodes of Lost and it's a really well-written show.

I was only able to catch the last 15 minutes of the season finale last night. Would someone mind providing a general recap of the first part of the ep for me? (in a spoiler)

:dude:

I didn't get to see the entire season, I did see the first 5 or 6 episodes and then the last 5 or 6. So far it's been a really good series, I've really enjoyed the characters and the situations that they are put into.

The finale was really good but I too dislike the cliffhanger endings, but I understand why they use them.

I just wish they had given us more of the current story at the end of last night's episode rather then flashing back to show everyone getting onto the plane.

I watched the entire season (except one flashback ep) and it was good. However, in retrospect - I will not spend another season watching flashbacks of the islanders lives before the crash sprinkled with all too infrequent clues to the mysterious nature of the island.

In other words the season opener needs to have some answers or I'm through.

Ace, maybe it's me but it seemed it advertised every five minutes - it was hard to follow.

Recap - I don't know all the character's names.

Click For Spoiler
I can't remember what particular order these things happened:

French lady stole the baby - Sayid and musician guy went after the baby and got him back. French lady kept saying something about the voices said they were going to take the boy - which probably meant what happened on the raft (someone took Michael's son). There were no people around where the black smoke was.

Some guy (Arst) blew himself up trying to retrieve the dynamite. Jack tricked Kate about carrying the dynamite - she drew the straw but he put it in his pack. Jack tells Kate they may have a Locke problem if they survive - this was after the invisible defense system tried to pull Locke down a hole and Locke said don't do anything he'd be alright but Jack dropped a stick of tnt down the whole and some black cloud thing flew out. Locke thinks the Island brought them all there for a purpose and that he was being tested by the invisible security system thing.

The raft lost it's mast and trouble maker guy jumped in and saved it. He also read everyone's messages and wondered who Hugo was and how he had 1.6 million dollar (however much it was)

The Korean guy had a flashback of the airport and one of his father-in-laws goons threatened him to get on the plane. On the raft he gave the watch to Michael.

Whiny girl (Boones' sister) whined.

Musician guy took one of the statuettes that had heroin in it.

There was a humorous flashback about Hugo getting to the airport - and how even that had repurcussions.

Thanks muchly, TUH.

It's going to be interesting to see how they resolve the situation with the kid (Walt, I think).

As someone who watched the series on and off, I have mixed feelings. It is well written, but the flashbacks can be annoying when you want to see what is happening on the island. I think the casting was great and there are a diverse set of characters.

I hated the cliffhanger and am upset because (SPOILER) of the way the boy was taken. It was very disturbing to me to see him wrenched from his father's arms. In the wake of frequent child abductions I think this was portrayed (while well done in a dramatic way) unnecessarily cruelly and scarily for a show that is broadcast in a time period when many children may be watching (whether they should be watching or not). To do this in a cliffhanger episode where this is one of the last images to be shown for three months was, to me, not a responsible thing to do. I am not in favor of censorship of television, but this seemed to be a cruel way to ratchet up ratings, with little thought to how disturbing the images shown would be to many viewers. I am considering not watching next season, but also will write or email the show to complain.

I also agree that there seem to be a hundred ads during this show and I also find it annoying how many sequences are filmed in shadows or at night where the action is difficult to follow (I know it's done for effect but I like to be able to see the action!)

well, i for one, can wait till next season. All i wished for was that they told us something about anything, and showed us whats down in the hatch. I thought it was a horrible twist when Hurley seen the numbers and started freaking out, then THAT BUGGER locke went and blew the hatch. He's insane!