Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Alexander Siddig

Just wondering if any of ye have seen 'Kingdom of Heaven' and if so what you thought of Alexander Siddig in the film. Overall I didn't think the film was very good but Siddig wasn't too bad at all in it. I'd always liked the character but didn't think Alexander Siddig (or Sidig El Fadil as he went by then) was a very good actor, especially in the early seasons. His acting has either improved a lot or the role just suited him better. Just wondering what ye all thought.

Haven't seen it yet but I want to..I always thought he did a good job with Bashir especially in the latter seasons..Tell me, does he have a big (major) part in this movie ?

It's not a big role but it's definately a significant role. His character is important. He impressed me in it.

I always liked the job that he did in DS9, I never had a problem with his acting in the early seasons. His charaters development wasn't quite there yet but I thought he played it well.

I thought Siddig did a good job with Bashir, he was able to expand him from a skirt chasing prude to someone we could feel for, with his internal struggles with genetic engineering and the stigma of that. He was also good with dealing with Section 31. I never saw Kingdom of Heaven, nor do I have any intention. Just not my style of movie.

I didn't know he was in that movie! I'm going to go see it this weekend.

I'm always happy to see any DS9 alumni in other things. I loved them all and it makes me feel good to know that they are still working. Good for Siddig ... that's a pretty major movie. And you say his role is "significant." That's awesome.

Even early on, I thought he did well in the role of Bashir. The character wasn't very likable at first, but he grew on you as you found out more about him.

Re: Sid in Movies... Don't forget to see him this winter in Syriana and next year in the Last Legion!!! I can hardly wait! Good Pics of him,too,in the book "The Making of The Kingdom of Heaven."

Siddigfan

I just saw some stills from the movie "Syriana" and man, I don't remember Alexander Siddig looking that hot on DS9. He is aging extremely well.

It looks like he might be the bad guy in this Clooney movie, but have you gotten a load of the CAST? Siddig is rubbing elbows with some pretty heavy hitters and more than a couple of downright amazing actors. You've got Chris Cooper (Oscar winner), Matt Damon (Oscar winner -- best screenplay), William Hurt (Oscar winner), Christopher Plummer ('nuff said), George Clooney (highly underrated as an actor -- I've liked him in everything he's ever done) ... it's just incredible the people that good old Siddig is keeping company with.

I'm so proud of little Julian I could just burst!

i really want to see that movie because two of my favorite actors are in it. what's better than clooney and sid in a movie together. it makes me soo happy.

tm

Re: Sid in Kingdom of Heaven: I finally got to see it on DVD (which I bought solely because of Sid-- ( I could care less about any of the other actors in there -they're good but they're just not as good-looking as Sid--in my humble opinion). His role was not lengthy but I felt it was very important to understanding the character of Saladin---Sid's character, Imad, having been mentored by Saladin. As Imad says when Saladin questions him about the wisdom of having allowed Balian to live,"Perhaps I should have had a better teacher." Imad's mercy was instilled in him by his teacher, Saladin. (Whether or not this is reflective of the character of the actual and historical Saladin, I've no idea). This idea of mercy is the pivotal message of the whole movie, as Imad points out later to Balian, "You reap what you sow." So, although not long on actual footage, the character portrayed by Siddig, and his gentle humor in portraying him are necessary to the movie's overall message. The added benefit of seeing gorgeous, sexy Siddig dressed in Arabic robes riding a beautiful horse and then, later, dressed in chain mail only added to MY total viewing experience--YUM! He's looking PRETTY DANG GOOD at 40 (Says this 45-yr-old female fan!) Now, how can I get to see A Dangerous Man and the Sid episode of Spooks? Are they on VHS or DVD somewhere?

What's the movie about? Does he have a big part?

Here's a summary of the plot of Syriana from IMDB:

From writer/director Stephen Gaghan, winner of the Best Screenplay Academy Award for Traffic, comes Syriana, a political thriller that unfolds against the intrigue of the global oil industry. From the players brokering back-room deals in Washington to the men toiling in the oil fields of the Persian Gulf, the film's multiple storylines weave together to illuminate the human consequences of the fierce pursuit of wealth and power. As a career CIA operative (George Clooney) begins to uncover the disturbing truth about the work he has devoted his life to, an up-and-coming oil broker (Matt Damon) faces an unimaginable family tragedy and finds redemption in his partnership with an idealistic Gulf prince (Alexander Siddig). A corporate lawyer (Jeffrey Wright) faces a moral dilemma as he finesses the questionable merger of two powerful U.S. oil companies, while across the globe, a disenfranchised Pakistani teenager (Mazhar Munir) falls prey to the recruiting efforts of a charismatic cleric. Each plays their small part in the vast and complex system that powers the industry, unaware of the explosive impact their lives will have upon the world.

As well, here is a link to the official website for Syriana. There is a trailer available and there are photos as well that Alexander Siddig can be seen in.

The film opens in limited release on November 23 and then goes into wide release on December 9.

Matt, unfortunately for you, apparently the release date for the UK isn't until March 3, 2006 according to IMDB. That could change possibly.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Hey Sid Fans---Please refer to the topic in this DS9 forum about Sid giving credit to DS9 for making him a friendly face, etc. I've got some comments there on Sid's DS9 acting upon which I'd really like some feedback. ( Is it "legal" to cross -reference topics like this? I'm new at this Internet stuff.) Thanks. Plus I'd like a little backup for my opinion that SiD did not "suck". I thought he did great! Love to all, Siddigfan :(

Edited by siddigfan

Yes, but she, (meaning I), evidently didn't edit it in the correct manner ( not knowing what she is doing yet, sigh! ) I just wanted to add to my previous post that , after reading the answers in that other topic I mentioned, I found out the fellow was talking about "Alexander" the movie sucking, not Alexanader Siddig sucking. What a relief. So, apologies to all! But I'd still love feedback on that stuff I wrote about Sid's acting in that other topic I mentioned above. Thanks to all for your patience whilst I am learning how to navigate and express myself on the computer! Love to all, Siddigfan :(

I also just had the chance to see Kingdom of Heaven. I enjoyed it very much even though it's not the type of movie I usually enjoy. Sid didn't have much screen time, but as already been said, had a very important role and he did a great job with it. Not to mention looking pretty darn good. :(