Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Which of these horror series is your favorite?

Which Is Your Favorite Out of These Series?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Your Favorite Out of These Series?

• Monsters!
    • Tales From the Darkside
    • Tales From the Crypt
    • none of them
    • haven't seen any of them

I gotta tell ya, there were episodes in all three series that scared the crap out of me. But some made me sad, because it was a sad story.

On an episode of Monsters! it was a story about a family that was prisoners in their own house because an alien had all of a sudden appeared in their home. At night, the little girl would sneak out of where they were hidding to talk to the alien. Afraid that the alien was influencing the little girl, the two men decide to grab their gun and shoot the alien. And they do. They walk in the room while the girl is talking to the alien and they tell her to move, she does and the alien turns around and the two men shoot and kill it. The little girl runs to her dad saying, "daddy, why did you shoot him? he was my friend! he were planning a surprise party!" And she starts to cry, and you see a record player playing song "We wish you a Merry Christmas". Then it shows a christmas tree in the corner and then the aliens body. In the aliens hands, it has a sign that says "Merry Christmas" and has a smiley face on it. :dude: Man, that makes me tear up every time I think about that episode as I am right now. I hate to think of the episode because it makes me depressed, great script writting for sure.

but my favorite series is probably still Tales from the Darkside.

My favorite Tales from the Crypt episode is when David Warner makes a house call to a woman and a daughter because he is a child psychologist and the woman's daughter is misbehaving. you find out at the end that the little girl is not as young as you may think!

A good Tales from the Darkside episode is when the parents of two kids tell them a ghost story before they go to bed. They tell the story about the Grither, a creature at the north pole who becomes angry and kills whoever it hears says it's name. After the story, the kids go to bed really scared. The parents have a good laugh. The kids are shown in their rooms, and all of a sudden, they hear a loud noise. They go back in the parents room to see the Grither in the room killing their parents for saying it's name.

Another one is when a college spends a night in her professor's house. She stays in a room but notices that there is a little closet in the room. She eventually looks in to find small dresses. One night, she hears a noise and a monster is standing on her and kills her. The professor comes in and says, good girl, would you like some ice cream? Turns out to be his daughter!

good stuff. :(

I may have seen Tales from the Darkside, but I know I have not seen Monsters!.

However I have seen and like quite a few episodes of Tales from the Crypt. One of my favorites is the beauty pageant one. Where there was one woman who was invited to compete in this pageant, and her roomate is jealous... so she kills the one woman off and takes her place in the pageant. She does whatever she can to ensure she wins.... only to win, be taken into a dark back room and.....

next thing you know she is put on display on stage as Miss Autopsy.

Kind of gross for some people, but really all the message is saying is the age old "What Goes Around, Comes Around."

Well, that and my mom & I own the Tales from the Crypt Christmas Album, she had gotten it a while ago..

I've seen that episode!!!!! :dude: it's creepy at the end for sure. Reminds me of the Tales from the Crypt Jon Lovitz episode when he is a jealous actor because his friend always gets roles and he doesn't. His friend gets an audition for the play Hamlet, jealous, Jon kills the friend and pretends to be him at the audition. Everything goes well until he is told what part he will play. He has been chosen to play Yorik. He says "what? but Yorik is...dead?!" And they begin to chase him through the "theatre" and eventually catch up to him. Then the next scene you see a skull in the directors hands and you know it's Jon's. And then you find out that it wasn't a theatre, but the entire time, Jon was really in an insane asylum. Great episode as well! :(

It's been a long time since I've seen any of them but I remember I liked them all, if forced to choose I'd have to go with Tales From the Darkside for their more Twilight Zone style.

Monsters!- Tales From The Darkside- Tales From The Crypt

All are my favorites hard to choose just one since I recall watching all of them when they were still on the air for there time period but Tales From The Darkside gave me the major chills cause some of the stories were kinda Twilight Zone Style Monsters as well and the opening music and closing music to TFTD gave me the chills

while TFTC had some major gross ones I recall one where these twin sisters slice this guy in half because he was seeing both of them at the same time and they each wanted a piece of him /another story was when this guy killed these old ladies and they came back from the Dead to be with him.

even saw the short lived animated series TFTC when it was on.

Edited by LoveMalePecs1