Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Corbomite Maneuver

What rating would you give "The Corbomite Maneuver"?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Corbomite Maneuver"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Production: 003

Season: 1 Episode: 10

DVD Disc: 3

Air Date: 11.10.1966

Stardate: 1512.2

Review not available

Cast:

William Shatner as James T. Kirk

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

DeForest Kelley as Leonard H. McCoy

James Doohan as Montgomery Scott

Nichelle Nichols as Uhura

George Takei as Hikaru Sulu

Guest Cast:

Clint Howard as Balok

Anthony Call as Lt. Dave Bailey

Creative Staff:

Director: Joseph Sargent

Written By: Jerry Sohl

Related Items:

deflectors

Fesarius

tranya

coffee

What. The. Heck. Was. THAT?

What kept me from hating this episode was its intriguing postulate of how people face death, knowing the end is right in front of them. The anger and paranoia, and the calmness and reconciliation.

Everything else about it.....blech.

I really liked this episode. The raw emotions displayed really made the episode. I also thought that Clint Howard as Balok was a great idea. It was a nice twist that the big bad alien actually looked like a young child.

The Trek novels expanded this "First Federation" in a couple of books. Not canon, I realize but still fun. My favorite was the Mirror Universe book where the Mirror Kirk goes rogue and takes control of the Fesarius. The kicker is that he had Balok stuffed and mounted in a glass case........with a glass of tranya in his hand..... :assimilated:

I remember this episode as being very moving at the time, with the anger, paranoia and raw emotion mentioned by other posters being very well presented by the cast. The irony of having the scary powerful alien looking like a child was excellent. I've always enjoyed this episode.

Kor, do you remember which book has the Mirror Universe Kirk exact revenge on Balok? I'd like to read that!

this is another good episode especially since this mean menace was actually a child. Not officially Canon but the game shattered Universe has Captain sulu fighting against a mirror universe of Balok in the romulan neutral zone.

Sign in to follow this