Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Star Wars Toys At Burger King

Check em’ out here

Star Wars Toys At Burger King

They have 31 different things to get from all six movies. Some are pretty neat that I want for collectable reasons. The ones I want are Han Solo, Luke, Darth/Anakin, Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Boba Fett. More decorations to put in my nerdy room! :laugh:

I called around to the BKs where I live and they do have Vader, Luke and Han!

They said that only 5 Vaders come with each box of toys they get, so that's why they say it's limited edition. I'm going over there now to get it before it's gone. The guy said he thinks they still may have Vader, but I'll tell ya the results when I get back :laugh: *crossing fingers*

well I'm back and glad to say that I got Luke, Vader and Han :tear: Glad to get it. Like I said, they only have 5 Vaders out of every box they get, it's a limited edition thing. They also said that only one Vader per family. He's my favorite out of three just for the fact he's the rarest. :lol:

They are bigger width wise than I thought they would be, they are pretty good size. Hopefully I will be able to go back after I watch Revenge of the Sith and get the other three I wanted. :tear:

:blink: I got Jabba on Sunday, I just came back from BK with Darth Maul. I'm still waiting to get Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Boba Fett, I ask and they said they aren't out where I live yet.

The Ones I have so far

Luke Skywalker

Han Solo

Darth Vader/Anakin

Jabba the Hutt

Darth Maul

so my collection is still growing :waaaa:

From CNN.com:

Critics take aim at 'Star Wars' meals

Report: Group wants Burger King to pull movie-themed children's meals due to film's PG-13 rating.

May 24, 2005: 10:46 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - An entertainment watchdog group is asking Burger King to pull its "Star Wars"-themed children's meals because the latest movie is rated PG-13, according to a published report.

USA Today reported Tuesday that the Dove Foundation is urging Burger King to pull the "Star Wars"-themed Kids Meals from its restaurants because the film is not appropriate for the meals' target market of children ages 4 to 9.

"Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith" is the first of the six "Star Wars" movie to be rated PG-13, meaning it has been judged more appropriate for older children, although younger children are allowed to attend. The film, which opened May 19, pulled in a record $158 million in its first four days in theaters.

The newspaper reports that 13 years ago the same group got Burger King competitor McDonald's to apologize for "confusion" from its promotion of the movie "Batman Returns," which was also rated PG-13, with its Happy Meals.

The Dove Foundation describes itself as a non-profit organization established to encourage and promote wholesome family entertainment. Its Web site gave its Dove Family-Approved seal to the latest "Star Wars" movie, although it warned that more graphic violence made it appropriate for children ages 12 and older.

The chairman of the group told USA Today that it is not appropriate for Burger King to help market the film to younger children.

"When Burger King puts that in a Kids Meal, there's an implicit endorsement of the movie," said (Please stop me from cursing) Rolfe, chairman of the Dove Foundation.

While terms of the promotion deal between Burger King and the filmmakers are not disclosed, the Kids Meals promotion, dubbed "Choose Your Destiny," is the 50-year-old fast-food chain's first global promotion, according to the newspaper.

A Burger King spokeswoman said the promotion is not specific to the latest "Star Wars" movie, only to the whole series of films, with just four of the 31 Kids Meal toys specific to "Episode III."

The toys "clearly celebrate not just one film but the entire 'Star Wars' saga," said Edna Johnson, a Burger King spokeswoman. "The reception at our restaurants and from our customers has been overwhelmingly positive."

But Rolfe said a survey his group conducted of 889 adults and says 83% felt the promotion was not appropriate for kids.

Another critic told the newspaper that filmmaker George Lucas is as much to blame as Burger King for the inappropriate promotion effort.

"It's irresponsible of George Lucas to OK the marketing around this PG-13 movie to young children," says Susan Linn, a Harvard psychologist and author of "Consuming Kids: The Hostile Takeover of Childhood."

A spokeswoman for Lucas defended the film's marketing efforts.

"'Star Wars' is broader than a single movie," says Lynn Fox, a LucasFilm spokeswoman. "Parents know that 'Star Wars' has been a positive influence."

Burger King pull the tie in? Yeah, right. There's a greater probability of George Lucas writing good dialogue than that happening. :dude:

Though that it a huge merchandising ploy to lure more people into eating suger filled, salt ridden un nutricious food, all for a piece of moulded plastic. I think G Lucas is squeezing every last drop out of this last film. And i wouldnt be surprised if it isnt the last we hear from his CGI fueled world.

the thing is that it's not just Revenge of the Sith toys. It's from all six movies. They have Princess Leia, Han Solo, Luke and so on. If they are discontinuing the toys, that means what I have may be worth a little money one day. :dude: doubt it, but who knows

just got Obi-Wan and Palpatine today :(

From CNN.com:

Click For Spoiler
Critics take aim at 'Star Wars' meals

Report: Group wants Burger King to pull movie-themed children's meals due to film's PG-13 rating.

May 24, 2005: 10:46 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - An entertainment watchdog group is asking Burger King to pull its "Star Wars"-themed children's meals because the latest movie is rated PG-13, according to a published report.

USA Today reported Tuesday that the Dove Foundation is urging Burger King to pull the "Star Wars"-themed Kids Meals from its restaurants because the film is not appropriate for the meals' target market of children ages 4 to 9.

"Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith" is the first of the six "Star Wars" movie to be rated PG-13, meaning it has been judged more appropriate for older children, although younger children are allowed to attend. The film, which opened May 19, pulled in a record $158 million in its first four days in theaters.

The newspaper reports that 13 years ago the same group got Burger King competitor McDonald's to apologize for "confusion" from its promotion of the movie "Batman Returns," which was also rated PG-13, with its Happy Meals.

The Dove Foundation describes itself as a non-profit organization established to encourage and promote wholesome family entertainment. Its Web site gave its Dove Family-Approved seal to the latest "Star Wars" movie, although it warned that more graphic violence made it appropriate for children ages 12 and older.

The chairman of the group told USA Today that it is not appropriate for Burger King to help market the film to younger children.

"When Burger King puts that in a Kids Meal, there's an implicit endorsement of the movie," said (Please stop me from cursing) Rolfe, chairman of the Dove Foundation.

While terms of the promotion deal between Burger King and the filmmakers are not disclosed, the Kids Meals promotion, dubbed "Choose Your Destiny," is the 50-year-old fast-food chain's first global promotion, according to the newspaper.

A Burger King spokeswoman said the promotion is not specific to the latest "Star Wars" movie, only to the whole series of films, with just four of the 31 Kids Meal toys specific to "Episode III."

The toys "clearly celebrate not just one film but the entire 'Star Wars' saga," said Edna Johnson, a Burger King spokeswoman. "The reception at our restaurants and from our customers has been overwhelmingly positive."

But Rolfe said a survey his group conducted of 889 adults and says 83% felt the promotion was not appropriate for kids.

Another critic told the newspaper that filmmaker George Lucas is as much to blame as Burger King for the inappropriate promotion effort.

"It's irresponsible of George Lucas to OK the marketing around this PG-13 movie to young children," says Susan Linn, a Harvard psychologist and author of "Consuming Kids: The Hostile Takeover of Childhood."

A spokeswoman for Lucas defended the film's marketing efforts.

"'Star Wars' is broader than a single movie," says Lynn Fox, a LucasFilm spokeswoman. "Parents know that 'Star Wars' has been a positive influence."

Burger King pull the tie in? Yeah, right. There's a greater probability of George Lucas writing good dialogue than that happening. :dude:

326070[/snapback]

That is complete bull! Like anybody even cared when they took their kids to see it and knew what would be happening. On a normal basis I would agree with them, but now they are totally full of crap. :(

Today I got Padme', Obi-Wan, and Palpatine.

I got Princess Leia!

Click For Spoiler
You can see things when you look up her dress :look: like R2-D2 and C-3PO, an X-Wing squadron, Vader and Obi-Wan fighting, herself with Luke and Han, and even a dewback with a Storm Trooper!

Today I got Grievous.

Edited by sea trooper