So, have you seen the new 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' movie yet? What did you think of it? I saw it tonight and really liked it. It did stay pretty faithful to the book. There were a few minor differences but that always happens doesn't it ? In fact this movie exceeded my expectations for it. I found it very entertaining and well worth seeing.. :yahoo:

I am going to see it tomorrow with my school's astronomy club, and then again on Monday with Robert and Dylan, two of my best friends. I am glad you recomend it, Spacetigger. I will put my opinion up tomorrow.

I saw the film today as well, along with my towel, Werner (named after W.K. Heisenberg), although I do plan to rewatch it twice tomorrow. :yahoo:

..I liked and really enjoyed it [in my general fanboyish way], but there were two things of this contemporary incarnation of the Hitchhiker's Guide that I absolutely abhor.

Click For Spoiler
1. How very different the resolution to Arthur's predicament played out, the lack of how much they focused on Mr. Prosser, and the bar scene was rushed [along with a couple others].

2. How they butchered the scene with Fook, Lunkwill, and Deep Thought, leaving out two of my favourites: Majikthise and Vroomfondel of the Amalgamated Union of Philosophers, Sages, Luminaries and Other Thinking Persons. B)

And it's a very essential scene too.

...3. Not in the movie, but I felt it was sacrilege for Disney to mockingly use the first h2g2 trailer for their “Chicken Little” trailer... I hope they won't further taint this cult classic. :look:

But my favourite scene is the one where after Earth is demolished, they start playing the original Hitchhiker's theme-song from the radio and television show [...I really enjoyed it. It was a teary-eyed moment for me, besides the “For Douglas” part.. :clap: ], and the scenes with Slartibartfast were quite fun. B)

The So Long and Thanks for All the Fish sing-along during the end credits is good fun too, although I don't know who else joined in, besides myself... I can quote most of the song.. :blink:

There's some other things I can carp and praise on, but I'll get back to that after my second viewing, or third. :lol:

Click For Spoiler
Fishy42.png
post-812-1095566621.gif Edited by DrWho42

I was supposed to see it tonight with a bunch of friends, but by the time we got there, they were sold-out. :yahoo: Guess I might see it some other time...

I saw it last night!

I've never read the book but now I do. Movie was great, it gets my personal recommendation.

Well, why are you still here? Get to the theatre!

Click For Spoiler
One of the few movies I've seen on opening night, a group of my friends and I went to see it. We went to the 9:40pm showing so didn't get out of there till close to midnght. We would have gotten out earlier but there was 20 minutes (fact, I checked my watch) of previews.

The only way we made it through the previews was by making fun of all of them. We were suprised by teh Chicken Little one because for a moment we thought they went so far as to put a preview in for the movie we were seeing.

Click For Spoiler
Fishy42.png
post-812-1095566621.gif

322037[/snapback]

That MS Paint creation is obsolete.

After seeing it for the third time, I can safely say I love the film. [and that is not some strange usage of the word “safe]

You shouldn't carp on how much different it is from its previous incarnations, thus so on what stuff they left out. Instead on what great things they did with what they left in, and added to fantastically. :blink:

The sing-along during the end credits is doubleplusfun, and don't forget to bring your towel! :yahoo:

post-812-1095566621.gif

Edited by DrWho42

I really want to go and see this.. hmmm, maybe tomorrow, once my mom gets out of work. Since we all want to go and see this film together.

I really enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would. I am a big Hitchhiker fan after all..I may need to go see it again.. :yahoo:

I went to see it today, with my school's astronomy club, and I have to say I loved it. Like Dr. Who said, I did not really like "resolution to Arthur's predicament" but it was still quite enjoyable and did stay rather close to the book. Closer than a lot of movies nowadays anyway... :yahoo: I look forward to seeing it again on Monday.

Saw it today; wow what a ride. :blink:

I did not mind the Chicken Little bit, kind of funny actually.

Its been so long since I read the book I did not even notice any deviations, the tone of the material was right on the money and that is what mattered most to me; the feelings I had when reading the book were back so it works for me.

I did have some trouble understanding the British accents at first, I thought the entire film was going to be ruined by that but soon I had adapted and was wondering why I had problems understanding from the start. :yahoo:

I wish someone had mentioned taking along some old blue and red 3-D glasses if we had them, (consider yourself warned :wink2: you will know when to put them on) I will remember to do that next time I go see it. Also, do not split from the theater too soon, another segment follows the closing credit song: So Long.

Liked the homage to the original series version of Marvin, be on the lookout for that.

Cannot wait for the next installment but will have allot of fun reviewing this one while we wait, 4 ½ out of 5 stars.

Now that the DVD's out, what is your opinion on the film?

Still been carrying my towel about since April...