Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

You gotto love this guy

Before tonights season premiere of Stargate they did a behind the scenes episode. In one clip Richard Dean Anderson is talking about the different planets they visit and different experiences they have there and concluded with "you know what would be really neat....running into the cast of star trek"

Yes, they constantly promote Star Trek via little puns, cameos, and such.  I think Trek should return the favor, don't you?

Stardate:213449.9

I have always wondered why they didnt. :o

Um, in the past couple of weeks leading up to last's night's SG extravaganza, I've seen in the commercials for the event, one of the stars of the show calling the Stargate; the best prop on TV or something like that, my response; OUCH! That really hurt's, this Honor should belong to the Enterprise and it's a shame the Trek powers that be have allowed this to happen. :o

Before tonights season premiere of Stargate they did a behind the scenes episode.  In one clip Richard Dean Anderson is talking about the different planets they visit and different experiences they have there and concluded with "you know what would be really neat....running into the cast of star trek"

lol, Richard Dean Anderson, likes trek, but O'Neill doesn't.

lol!! i remembered Teal'c loves Star Wars! :o

Unnatural Selection

Click for Spoiler:

Unnatural Selection

Planet: Hala

Planet Description: Electrical storms, paved with Replicators

Inhabitants: Humanoid Replicators

Emulated Culture:

612.jpg

EPISODE NUMBER - 612

ORIGINAL AIR DATE - 04.12.02

WRITTEN BY - Brad Wright, Robert C. Cooper

DIRECTED BY - Andy Mikita

GUEST STARRING - Michael Shanks (Voice of Thor)

Mission Information

Still on the ship Prometheus, the SG-1 team is visited by Thor. He informs them that one of the Asgard planets has been overrun by Replicators, and the Asgard need their help to defeat the invaders.

(Part 2 of 2).

Analysis

The episode is in fact a great episode with what is there, it is however what is not there that pulls the episode down in my estimation. It runs for 30 minutes absolutely fantastically, but then it all wraps very, very quickly. On second viewing I worked out why. The episode has no middle. It has a beginning up to the point they wake up on the ship and then it goes straight into the end with them getting Fifth's help, the 37 hours they were out was the middle of the episode! Of course this is down to the restraints of a 45 minute slot, however the writers knew what material they had and should have made this episode as a two parter in its own right. I would have had a 3 parter, Prometheus then Unnatural Selection I & II. Doing that this episode could have had a lot more material in it and thus been given much better pacing and a proper middle section. So what would I have liked too see? Well to make the episode really dark seeing all the characters personal hells would have been great, plus more psychological attacks by the human replicators, more building up of Fifth's humanity and a personally battle with himself to help or stay with his brethren, plus for the action man in me there could have been a gun battle as SG-1 ran back to the ship with Replicator bugs being made out of the ground!

Memorable Remarks

Jonas - It certainly defies conventional wisdom.

O'Neill - Mine too.

O'Neill - Yeah, don’t get me wrong, flattery goes a long way with me...

O'Neill - He sends good luck, godspeed, and all those things he says when he thinks we’re going to die.

Carter - Sir, we can’t call it the Enterprise.

O'Neill - Why Not

I think Trip needs to bring in an episode of SG1 for movienight

Oh, here's an idea... How about Trip tries to convince T'Pol to watch some episodes of Stargate SG-1? Would make for some nice humor durring an episode. :laugh:

I also think that would be a great idea.

I've often wondered why there aren't any references to STAR WARS, STARGATE and other scifi greats within Trek. (Let's not forget the wonderful FARSCAPE) After all, these things ARE in "our/their past" and all of the Treks are supposed to be in "our future". It would stand to reason since these movies and TV series are such a part of our culture that they would continue to be mentioned and in the future.

Um, in the past couple of weeks leading up to last's night's SG extravaganza, I've seen in the commercials for the event, one of the stars of the show calling the Stargate; the best prop on TV or something like that, my response; OUCH! That really hurt's, this Honor should belong to the Enterprise and it's a shame the Trek powers that be have allowed this to happen. :laugh:

On the actual special, he says Standing prop.

And He was probably meant as a Prop that's To Scale with the actors :laugh:

And That Season Premire was Awsome :laugh:

Click for Spoiler:

"He Is Jaffa."

O'Niell-"No, but he plays one on TV."

And That Season Premire was Awsome  :lol:

Click for Spoiler:

"He Is Jaffa."

I loved that line..

Also,

Click for Spoiler:

Did you notice when they were in the ship waiting for take-off O'Neill said "I thought we were going to go with Red Leader on this" Isn't that from Battlestar Galactica?

And That Season Premire was Awsome  :lol:

Click for Spoiler:

"He Is Jaffa."

I loved that line..

Also,

Click for Spoiler:

Did you notice when they were in the ship waiting for take-off O'Neill said "I thought we were going to go with Red Leader on this" Isn't that from Battlestar Galactica?

Star Wars.

and also

Click for Spoiler:

The Shaft and Core Of Anubis' Ship Looked oddly like the Shaft and the Core From Death Star II in Return Of The Jedi. :wow:

and also

Click for Spoiler:

The Shaft and Core Of Anubis' Ship Looked oddly like the Shaft and the Core From Death Star II in Return Of The Jedi. :lol:

you're right...I had the same feeling watching them cruising down that ship looking for the target.

Um, in the past couple of weeks leading up to last's night's SG extravaganza, I've seen in the commercials for the event, one of the stars of the show calling the Stargate; the best prop on TV or something like that, my response; OUCH! That really hurt's, this Honor should belong to the Enterprise and it's a shame the Trek powers that be have allowed this to happen. :)

On the actual special, he says Standing prop.

And He was probably meant as a Prop that's To Scale with the actors :lol:

And That Season Premire was Awsome :wow:

Click for Spoiler:

"He Is Jaffa."

Thanks, I see the difference now.

Before tonights season premiere of Stargate they did a behind the scenes episode.  In one clip Richard Dean Anderson is talking about the different planets they visit and different experiences they have there and concluded with "you know what would be really neat....running into the cast of star trek"

lol, Richard Dean Anderson, likes trek, but O'Neill doesn't.

lol!! i remembered Teal'c loves Star Wars! :laugh:

yeah this show is GREAT, i love it cant wait to get season 3 on dvd. any way yeah tealc loved starwars he watched it 9 or 11 times, cant remember. but i love oneils sarcasm, and puns. hes hilarious. :o