Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Best Tos

I would have to say "Amok Time."

T'Pau: Live long and prosper, Spock.

Spock: I shall do neither.  I have killed my captain and my friend.

So moving. 

That one and The Doomsday Machine fight it out all the time for supremacy. Theodore Sturgeon's script for Amok Time is filled with wonderful dialogue. Chapel's scene where she goes to wake Spock and he tells her about his dream is just classic. I also love Spock's little talk w/ T'Pring and Stonn. ("I see no logic in preferring Stonn over me." :lol: )

"You may find, after a time, that having a thing is not so pleasing as wanting. It is illogical, but it is often true."

Pure Sturgeon.

My favorites are warring in my head with the best. I have never been a fan of "City," so taking it out of the running was no problem for me.

**I think "The Empath" shows the triumverate at their vulnerable best - each are more than willing to die for the others.

**"Day of the Dove" showed up the weaknesses in their relationships, which they work constantly at trying to overcome.

**I'm kind of surprised no one mentioned "The Tholian Web." Great interplay between Spock and McCoy!

**"Tribbles", for me, wars with "I, Mudd" for pure comedy relief.

**"Amok Time" purely for the last five minutes, starting with T'Pau's goodbye to Spock and his reply (already quoted).

There are so many - those are the ones I can think of after only four hours of sleep. :lol:

All our Yesterdays was very good, the idea of escaping the planets destruction by going into it's past is still fascinating to me.

I'm surprised that no one said The Omega Glory, that was always one of my favorites.

While Where No Man Has Gone Before is my personal favourite I also consider The Omega Glory to be one of the strongest stories of the series.

If I had to pick a top 5 (within the topic rules):

1. Where No Man Has Gone Before

2. Man Trap

3. The Omega Glory

4. Dagger of the Mind

5. Space Seed

season 1:the man trap

season 2:bread and circuses

season 3:spectre of the gun

Some good choices there.

I love the Mantrap as it has an original alien and follows the typical monster of the week format, yet we can understand the alien's need to survive which leads to a more developed conflict then just goodies and baddies. A very good creature feature done in typical sci-fi fashion.

I also like Bread and Circuses as I am very interested in Rome and Roman history and I find it interesting to explore what the greatest empire would have been like today, had it survived. Actually I bet we would be even more advanced as the Romans were a great and clever people.

AMOK TIME

My brothers and I used to hum the music to the Spock-Kirk dual whenever we would wrestle one another.... :clap: