Sign in to follow this  
Rivendells_king

Why I do not post anymore

YOu want to know why I do not post here anymore, because it is a war zone for the last 2 months there has been fights "debates" in some freaks words about ent and it has escalated to a war, now I haft to go looking at signatures about thanks for canceling it and saving it.

I am going to hate to say this but it is true this place is turing into startrek.com and I hate it!

Thank you people for ruining a great site!

I'm sorry you feel you can't post anymore, however, everyone has varying opinions on the show, and we all choose how to express it differently.

The only person who can decide how you feel is yourself, how you chose to take someone's remarks and internalize them is only up to you.

I have been here since March, and lurked before that time, and yet I never got the feeling that there was a war here.

Everyone on this site likes Trek in some way or another.

Enterprise has been cancelled and it's time for Trek fans to unite instead of divide over this series.

RK, please take a deep breath.

It has not become st.com. Its far from it. Yes, there are different views on the Enterprise. The members that support Enterprise being cancelled was good should be able to voice that view as well as those who disagree on the show being cancelled. It has not affect the other threads on the board. If you don't like the tone on the Enterprise thread than you don't have to read and post to it. You would be missed if stop posting.

I agree, i've been here a while and since ST.com shut down this place has gone to hell. This used to be a nice place to discuss..ANYTHING

RK, please take a deep breath. 

It has not become st.com.  Its far from it.  Yes, there are different views on the Enterprise.  The members that support Enterprise being cancelled was good should be able to voice that view as well as those who disagree on the show being cancelled.  It has not affect the other threads on the board.  If you don't like the tone on the Enterprise thread than you don't have to read and post to it.  You would be missed if stop posting.

320064[/snapback]

I think Odie is right.

If you don't like the content, than stay away from it.

Accept that there are those who don't like Enterprise, and maybe even laugh about it.

In the scope of your life, this is really not going to be something you remember when you are old and reflecting back.

I've never felt that the debate over Enterprise has turned into a warzone. I just see some people that like the show and some that don't. I personally loved the show but I don't think I've ever gotten into anything resembling a vicious fight over it.

I guess I am missing something here.. except for an occasional signature stating that ENT would not be missed, I have not seen much of this.. I guess it just is the forums on this board I am going to does not have much of the argumentative stuff going on. And I have been in Qo'nos more that I ever have... and it does not seem like a war zone.

So I guess color me confused about this thread. :nono::yahoo:

I am going to answer IMO why i don't post anymore in a nice calm rational manner because i have been playing nice girl as of late

There are various reasons why i don't post anymore

1> Several people thought themselves to be mods and the mods let these people get away with alot,even giving them thier own forums

2> People refering to St.com as the devil. I take offense to this. I migrated over from st.com. I like it over there,especially the chat because they gave us freedom to say whatever we wanted. It gave me great pleasure to put people on ignore

3> Enterprise. I don't like it. I have already stated all the reasons and have stopped arguing but there are certian people who will attack on demand when someone mentions Enterprise in a not so favorable light

4> The Right wing tone Kronos had taken.

5> I actually got some hobbies..Hobbies are good :yahoo:

RK, while this site is moderated, that does not mean members are not allowed to hold and express dissenting opinions.

There are just rules here that require a certain level of civility and respect that is not required on a site like st.com. Members are not allowed to be abusive toward one another, profanity and racism are not allowed, and so forth.

But dissent, even emotion-laden dissent, is allowed, even encouraged.

With regard to the Enterprise discussions, members were directed to express dissenting opinions in the Enterprise forum, rather than in the Save Enteprise threads, which were really meant for members trying to save Enterprise.

This site does exist as an alternative to the rudeness, vulgarity, and racism that often crops up at startrek.com

People wanted a place where they could discuss things, sharing different expressions and opinions, without that kind of environment. The site has drawn members because some people want this option.

Those who temprament is better suited to startrek.com can go there, but this site will remain moderated, enforcing the TOS in order to maintain an environment with a reasonable level of civility.