Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Wolf 359

I'm trying to figure out what Earth day corresponds to the battle of Wolf 359. I got a Stardate of 44002.3 for the battle. Then tried some of the stardate calculators on the internet, but I get January on one and June on another.

So, I thought I'd open it up to you guys. Is that the correct stardate, and do you have any reputable stardate calculators? I look forward to seeing if there is a date that can be agreed upon.

I'm trying to figure out what Earth day corresponds to the battle of Wolf 359.  I got a Stardate of 44002.3 for the battle.  Then tried some of the stardate calculators on the internet, but I get January on one and June on another.

So, I thought I'd open it up to you guys.  Is that the correct stardate, and do you have any reputable stardate calculators?  I look forward to seeing if there is a date that can be agreed upon.

319874[/snapback]

I think because the writer's just picked numbers out of their heads for stardates that there is no such thing as an accuracte calculator. I found one at TrekGuide.com that gave all of their reasoning for their calculations and when I inputted that stardate it gave me a date of May 25, 2366.

Maybe if they all agree on a year, we can just go for an extended vacation on Risa with friends. :yahoo:

2367 seams about accurate...three years before the show went off-line, which was 2370.

By the way, we would need a REALLY fast warp drive to get to Wolf 359 relatively quickly. it's just over 2 Parsecs away (7.8 LY distant) and it's nothing really spectacular, a Flare Red Dwarf.

for more info abour Wolf 359, click HERE

Edited by Jim Phaserman

I'm trying to figure out what Earth day corresponds to the battle of Wolf 359.  I got a Stardate of 44002.3 for the battle.  Then tried some of the stardate calculators on the internet, but I get January on one and June on another.

So, I thought I'd open it up to you guys.  Is that the correct stardate, and do you have any reputable stardate calculators?  I look forward to seeing if there is a date that can be agreed upon.

319874[/snapback]

I think because the writer's just picked numbers out of their heads for stardates that there is no such thing as an accuracte calculator. I found one at TrekGuide.com that gave all of their reasoning for their calculations and when I inputted that stardate it gave me a date of May 25, 2366.

Maybe if they all agree on a year, we can just go for an extended vacation on Risa with friends. :dude:

319932[/snapback]

My actual purpose of this was to get a date that everybody could agree on so we could have like a memorial day for the event. We already have a Federation Day that gets announced so I thought it would be nice to just have an announcement of the date and something on the portal on the annual occassion, since I think I read somewhere in Trek lore that there is a memorial there.

Sound like a good idea, mods? Just a random thought I had.

As a mod, I think it would be a good idea but I'm not sure we'll be able to find a date everyone can agree on.

I was just looking at the profile for Benjamin Sisko and st.com has this:

2367 ? As lieutenant commander and first officer of U.S.S. Saratoga, survived ship's loss against Borg at Battle of Wolf 359

It looks like this is the most specific they have gotten with a date - a possible year.

Edited by Takara_Soong