Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Insurrection

I was bored at work, so I did a quick check to see when Insurrection would be coming out. It should be coming out June 7th.

That movie was horrible. Flying the Enterprise with a joystick?......give me a break................

What was the point of the movie? Or maybe it was another good episode.

I really don't think this Movie is as bad as alot of people make it out to be, I found the story more Based on the Series then the Action-Packed 1st contact which was nohing like the series to be honest, I just watched this movie today cause i got it on DVD used for $9.00 along with TMP, this movie I enjoyed 10 times more then Generations

I liked It. (Own It)

nuff said.

Edited by Odo

I have not decided on whether or not I will get the collectors edition of this one. I got the Collectors Edition of the Trek film I wanted to get and that was First Contact. I do not think Insurrection was bad, but I think the regular version is fine for me.....unless they have a TON of extras on it. :naughty:

I know it's going to have a DTS encoded soundtrack (first Trek video ever to do that) so that is good enough reason for me to buy it again. The EXTRAS list aint too shabby either, Yillara.

*shudders at the mere thought of that movie* :hug:

I have decided not to buy it. I don't even have the "normal" DVD. I'll have my friends buy it and send me over the screencaps from the Behind-The-Scenes extras. B)

*shudders again* Insurrection... :naughty::laugh:

but why was it so bad for you guys?

322632[/snapback]

1. Driving the Enterprise - E with an Atari joystick.

2. Worf's "pimple"

3. Boring villians

4. Boring storyline

5. Data with a beer gut

6. Stupid, unintelligent, forced juvenile humour

7. Enterprise-E barely being able to cope with a C- grade villian ship.

8. Another Admiral gone rogue (yawn)

9. The stupid Opera song

These are just off the top of my head. When I give it some real thought, I'll post some more.

but why was it so bad for you guys?

322632[/snapback]

1 - Anij

2 - Anij

3 - Anij

:laugh: B)

Oh, and I don't like that so-called humor, that joystick scene... Pretty much all the reasons Kor mentioned, except for the opera one... I liked Jean-Luc singing, though I tend to agree that this was totally out of character for him. :hug::naughty:

It is one of my favorite Star Trek movies. I love the jokes. I love the beauty of the planet. As I have said before in other discussions on this site about Insurrection, I love the scene where Picard experiences the 'perfect moment in time.' I love the scene where Geordi sees his first sunrise. I love the idea of a people struggling to stick to their principles ( reminds me of the people in Mirror, Mirror) against overwheliming odds.

However I already have the movie, and am unlikely to buy a special version of it.

In fact, I think I will go and put it on now...thanks for giving me that idea! :naughty:

yeah the only "bad part of the Movie" is the Joystick, but the Villans are kool, and bein the same race as the ones on the planet adds a ood twist, like I said this movie represents what TNG the Series was alot better then 1st contact

I agree with ya Joe, I like this movie and think it is very good. I thought the humor of this movie may seem juvenile, but that doesn't mean I didn't laugh. The Geordi seein scene is probably my favorite scene in the movie, besides Data singing at the beginning, which had me laughing hysterically the first time I watched it.

But every movie has it's lovers, likers and haters, no matter how good or bad a movie is. But in this case, I think the movie was ok, definitely not the best, and it's not the worst. Very enjoyable. :laugh:

Generations is a personal favorite of mine. It is the inspiration behind the Shatner Trek series that I love so much. So it holds a special place for me. Not to mention, I just like the movie. :laugh:

I really don't think this Movie is as bad as alot of people make it out to be, I found the story more Based on the Series then the Action-Packed 1st contact which was nohing like the series to be honest, I just watched this movie today cause i got it on DVD used for $9.00 along with TMP, this movie I enjoyed 10 times more then Generations

322470[/snapback]

I always felt that Insurrection felt like a 2 hour episode, while First Contact had the whole feeling of "this is a movie!"

I know it's going to have a DTS encoded soundtrack (first Trek video ever to do that) so that is good enough reason for me to buy it again. The EXTRAS list aint too shabby either, Yillara. 

322511[/snapback]

hmmm, I may just go ahead and get it since I now have the Special Editions of FC & GEN. :laugh: Thanks for the link, AE!

322511[/snapback]

hmmm, I may just go ahead and get it since I now have the Special Editions of FC & GEN. :lol: Thanks for the link, AE!

325917[/snapback]

Way to go Yillara. :laugh: My pleasure. :P

'Insurrection' SE DVD Wins More Fans For Extras Than Film

I like the film but having it in DTS (Digital Theater Sound, better than 5.1) makes it the best sounding Trek film in my collection; they really dropped the ball not giving all the SE's the DTS treatment.

Edited by Alterego

MY GOODNESS

I must buy this movie then lol I thought Insurrection was great and the moment in time was so beautiful can't wait to get. I know I'm late LOL I must get the rest going need to get going since I only have TMP, TWOK, and Generations SE I'm so bad lol :P

It is one of my favorite Star Trek movies. I love the jokes. I love the beauty of the planet. As I have said before in other discussions on this site about Insurrection, I love the scene where Picard experiences the 'perfect moment in time.' I love the scene where Geordi sees his first sunrise. I love the idea of a people struggling to stick to their principles ( reminds me of the people in Mirror, Mirror) against overwheliming odds.

However I already have the movie, and am unlikely to buy a special version of it.

In fact, I think I will go and put it on now...thanks for giving me that idea! :(

322743[/snapback]

This is by far my favorite ST movie too for many of the reasons above. I also like the humor and the music. The only part that others do not like that I agree with is the joystick. :)

Edited by who

I was on a star trek site and looking at the moves trivia and this is what is says about what kind of joy stick that was use.....A modified Thunderbird PC joystick WOW that's big money being spent on that movie I tell ya lol oh bother. B)

when i first saw the movie and it came to that scene i thought it was a joystick. i thought that was cool that they used a joystick to fly the ship manually.

tm