Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Manny Coto Plans TREK Pitch to Paramount

I found this at TrekWeb.com:

"ENTERPRISE executive producer Manny Coto, who won praise this season from fans previously disappointed with the TREK prequel ENTERPRISE, said he has a proposal for another STAR TREK series. He said he plans to wait a while and then pitch his idea to Paramount Pictures. For now, he's preparing to join the Fox real-time drama '24' as a producer," writes Dave Mason for the Ventura County Star.

"I'm not going to pitch it here," coyed Coto at the ENTERPRISE wrap party.

Rick Berman, executive producer and co-creator of ENTERPRISE with Brannon Braga, confirmed the beginnings of a story for the eleventh STAR TREK movie, but said it's too early to discuss the details.

Read the complete report at The News Tribune.

"I would love to be attached to a future STAR TREK series," Coto told IESB's Robert Sanchez in a separate interview at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. "I've always been a STAR TREK fan. I've been a STAR TREK fan since I was a small child. So, if there is a next incarnation, and I'm sure there will be, I would love nothing more than to be a part of it." How long before the next series happens? "I would guess two or three years." Which era might it portray? "If I had to guess, I would guess that they're going to probably go forward, into the next NEXT GENERATION. The post Picard era. That's what I would do."

He can contribute to Star Trek as a member of the creative team, but I wouldn't want him as head of the writing staff if that's what he wants.

But I'd still like to hear and consider his idea.