so who here remembers this show? i used to love it, and watch it often on tvland at midnight est. some eps are quite corny but others are quite good, all in all a good show IMO. anyone out there remember what years this show aired start to finish it bugging me i cant remember. i beleive it had to at least be the late 80s that it ended considering the jeep he drives didnt come out till 87, but i cant remember other than that. so what did you think of this show? i think they need more shows like this today, ones that show careing, and conviction of character, and in general a good guy that sees things more black and white, than many shades of grey. there arent any, or many shows anymore that show the good things in life, that are important. such as personal conviction to what is right, your word is your bond, a handshake means more than a peice of paper. now im ranting but anyways a good show, that shows a good person. IMHO :waaaa:

yes that show was good how he could make anything out of a toothpick and a piece of wire but i do believe that stargate sg1 is like it but i have only seen a few shows maybe its because it has the same main actor in it

I've only ever heard of mcGuyver from Grampa on the Simpsons.

"I'm an old man. The only thing I like is McGuyver. Hey, it's on now!"

I used to watch it all the time! Than it vanished from tv... :rolleyes:

If you loved McGuyver, I recommend you watch Stargate SG-1, starring Richard Dean-Anderson from McGuyver. Take O'Niel, Jackson, and Carter, squish 'em into one person, and you get McGuyver! :ph34r:

:rolleyes: That's too bad..Great show..I've been trying to get eps off Kazza for a long time.

If you loved McGuyver, I recommend you watch Stargate SG-1, starring Richard Dean-Anderson from McGuyver.  Take O'Niel, Jackson, and Carter, squish 'em into one person, and you get McGuyver!

I disagree he was a very shrewd man who was always one step ahead of any problems and therefore had more depth then O'Niel, Jackson, and Carter put together.

I loved the show McGuyver because he could make anything out any object laying around. I like Richard Dean Anderson. He is another cutie that I now watch on Stargate SG-1.

:rolleyes:

Sorry to be rude and correct you but Grampa is in to Matlock. Patty and Sellma love McGuyver

and I loved that show to

Sorry to be rude and correct you but Grampa is in to Matlock. Patty and Sellma love McGuyver

and I loved that show to

I know, I just realised it just now, when I was reading the "What's your ffavourite show besides trek" thing. Someone wrote matlock, and then I remembered. Oops :ph34r:

Ahhh, Patty and Selma like McGuyver - well that explains my confusion :rolleyes:

I remember when shows were on by I lived when I watched them. McGuyver came on while I still lived out West - I left in 1987 and ended before I left DC in '94.

I think Richard Dean Anderson is truly under-rated. McGuyver was pro-entirement, very pro-science and very anti-gun. Now he's Colonel O'Neill who hates scientists and takes his gun everywhere.

Reruns are on TVLand; OMG I was watching one day and say Cuba Gooding Jr. in a guest role. And who can forget Teri Hatcher as Penny Parker.