Sign in to follow this  
KIMIMELA

Any photographers/ jurnalists here?

I have to search for something for my college project called "Manipulated images". I have to find pictures that have been changed to alter the meaning or truth about something. I've searched Google but I wondered if anyone could help me further. I know I'm always asking for help some way or other but I would be really greatful if you could help find some.

OKay you have a manipulated picture. Since when did a cat ever have a smile, it is an altered truth.

I know magazines manipulate images in certain ways, like making an actress look slimmer than she is, or airbrushing someone's teeth to cover the fact that they look like a Ferengi, but generally Newspapers and TV won't doctor images so much as they will selectively edit which images they use, and selectively choose their wording.

Edit: A good example is Stuff's cover with Eva Longoria. By looking at the picture, you wouldn't guess she's only like 5'2"

Edited by hardcharginsarge

oh so i can use the cat signiture then? Yey hey ok that's another one added to my short collection. If you ever read TOTP they always change stuff but I'm not sure if my lecturer will like that stuff B) thanks for the helpful advice i'll go and look some more :P

I work in Radio, so I cannot help you. it wouldn't make sense for me to use images during my news segments. But, some would say I have a face for radio and a voice for silent movies...

the picture

this is a picture i found which has been done using an Adobe Photoshop filter. I'm not sure which one it is actually called... coukd anyone suggest? I can't remember what it is :biggrin:

Check out pictures from the tabloids. They are constantly being accused of manipulating images to make it look like famous people are doing something they're not with people they've never met (so they say lol)