Sign in to follow this  
Lollypop

Crop Circles

Go here to look at the latest crop circle in Wiltshire England, it's amazing.  :dude:

http://www.g3rfl.ukhome.net/crop.htm

That is a pretty cool one. Often crop circles are elaborate fractals or intricate designs. They seem out of this world - but it is remarkably easy to create a cool-looking crop circle like that.

But look at the size of it  :dude:

You'd be suprised at how fast you can make those things! :dude:

Doesn't look extraterrestrial to me. I think crop circles have become a new art form, kinda like graffiti did several years ago.

But look at the size of it  :dude:

It has been described by one expert as “the crop circle of crop circles” and it could be the biggest the world has ever seen.

This massive formation appeared overnight in a Wiltshire corn field and enthusiasts from across the country are already flocking to see the phenomenon, which covers more than half a million square feet.

The crop circle in a field [foot of Milk Hill G-fs] near Alton Barnes, Marlborough, is made up of more than 400 separate circles in what experts describe as a Julia Set design.

The circle measures more than 1,000 feet in diameter and covers a total area of 636,172 square feet.

Expert Lucy Pringle has spent the past 12 years investigating crop circles and has written a book, Crop Circles: The Greatest Mystery of Modern Times, about the phenomenon.

She said: “It took my breath away. It is very big and has over 400 different circles in it. It takes up almost the entire width of the field. This is the biggest circle recorded to date as far as I am aware. It is the crop circle of crop circles.”

Lucy, from Petersfield, Hampshire, said the best formations normally occur towards the end of summer.

“We get really wonderful formations towards the end of the season before harvest,” she said. “It is like a grand finale.”

Lucy said there had been around 100 crop circles in the country this year, but none match the Wiltshire circle for its beauty and size.

The circle appeared in the field on the morning of August 13.

Stuart Dike, from Bristol, has spent 11 years investigating crop circles and has looked at around 1,000 different examples.

He said: “This formation is nothing short of breathtaking. It has taken the crop circle community by storm. It is magnificent. It is amazing to be able to turn 360 degrees and see circles all around you.’’

While many have dismissed the circle as a hoax, one farmer is convinced it cannot be man-made. He said: “It is hard to say that it could be a hoax because it is so big. You have only five hours of darkness to work in and there are so many circles you would have to be making one circle every 30 seconds.’’

I saw this being done on that Richard and Judy Show an even more complex one; it was a picture of Richard and Judy in the corn, and how it was done. Just a few dozen people planks of wood, wire and some basic planning skills.

Most likely made by a couple of farm boys on a Friday night after they ran out of beer.

Nah it weren't farm boys who ran out of beer, it was just bored boys in a farm, who ran outa beer :lol:

I'd be really ticked with somebody who messed up my crop before harvest. Do any of these reports ever mention how damage these things do. I've seen how people do this too. Remember how one amazingly showed up in the US the week the movie Signs opened.

I'd be really ticked with somebody who messed up my crop before harvest.  Do any of these reports ever mention how damage these things do.  I've seen how people do this too.  Remember how one amazingly showed up in the US the week the movie Signs opened.

The real crop circles aren't damaged, the wheat is just bent over with no breakage whatsoever.