BKY1701

What OS do you use?

What OS do you use?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What OS do you use?

• Windows
    • Linux
    • BSD
    • Built-in/unchangeable/no-option (Apple)
    • 2 different ones
    • 3+ different ones
    • Other (Small non-unix, non-DOS OSs)

I think most use Windows, but I use 3 at this time, each for different things; Windows for games; Knoppix (Linux) for hacking; and BSD as my home web server.

I own an Apple but don’t use it.

At home I use Windows XP, on my laptop I use Windows XP and at College we use Mactintosch. People moan about Macs all the time at college but I actually find them alot easier now.

Windows, or Macintosch? :P

I'll tell you as soon as I know what an OS is.

310966[/snapback]

operating system= like windows xp or macintosch or dos

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2... I would never use a Mac if I can help it, but Windows really needs to stop coming out with it softwear 3 years after everyone wants it. Win 98 SE2 is the 3rd best to have after Win XP Pro and Win XP Home.

It seems I am the only one here that has had the luxury of dealing with all major operation systems. :angry:

311109[/snapback]

:look::eek: I have the luxury too.... I build the computers, make the OS, install the OS...so :mad1:

It seems I am the only one here that has had the luxury of dealing with all major operation systems. :angry:

311109[/snapback]

My brother who used to post here has as well.. He has offered to let me work with them, I just have decided to stick with my WindowsXP that is on my computer & laptop.

When I was in C Programming class at the University, I used UNIX. That was the required sys for the class.

At the current moment i Use Microsoft Windows XP. However im thinking about installing Linux as a 2nd Operating System because i want to see what its like.

If you do install Linux, use Debian. It went right on (generally, it would had helped if I configed it right to start with...).

And it comes with a TON of fun junk too.... :angry:

It depands on what you really want your OS to do for you and what programs that you want to use. If you using your computer for graphics and heaving into animation then I would strongly recommand Macintosch. If you are using your system for business and games use Windows.

It depands on what you really want your OS to do for you and what programs that you want to use.  If you using your computer for graphics and heaving into animation then I would strongly recommand Macintosch.  If you are using your system for business and games use Windows.

320702[/snapback]

Good point... Macintoschs are only good for trash bins now....hee hee *looks at signiture and :dude: at her lecturer* :dude: