Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

The Passion of the Christ

I saw the Passion of the Christ.

Parts of it were quite greusome, but they accurately depicted the way life was in the time of Christ. It was a highly emotional, highly intense (if not completely biblicaly correct) film.

But why does it have to already be rereleased into theatres? Especially under the title "The Passion Recut." I mean, you can still find the original version in Blockbuster under New Releases.

Unless there's a special significance that I've totally missed...

The story I heard (from an interview with Mel Gibson that aired recently on Good Morning America) is that Mel re-released the movie with some of the violence toned-down. He was receiving feedback from fans saying they loved the movie and wanted to bring elderly aunts, uncles, parents, and even teens, but the violence in the movie was too much. This re-cut version is the same story but the violent scenes have been re-edited in an effort to attract these people.

As soon as I heard that Passions of the Christ was being re-released, one word popped into my mind. Money.

The story I heard (from an interview with Mel Gibson that aired recently on Good Morning America) is that Mel re-released the movie with some of the violence toned-down. He was receiving feedback from fans saying they loved the movie and wanted to bring elderly aunts, uncles, parents, and even teens, but the violence in the movie was too much. This re-cut version is the same story but the violent scenes have been re-edited in an effort to attract these people.

309520[/snapback]

So its like 2 minutes long now? j/k

Seriously, I have no interest in ever seeing this movie in any form. Apparently the original version ranked as the eighth goriest film of all time.

309520[/snapback]

Maybe I misunderstood, but didn't Mel Gibson want it graphic to show people the true suffering that Jesus endured?

As soon as I heard that Passions of the Christ was being re-released, one word popped into my mind.  Money.

309523[/snapback]

I honestly think that's what the movie was made just for.

As soon as I heard that Passions of the Christ was being re-released, one word popped into my mind.  Money.

309523[/snapback]

I honestly think that's what the movie was made just for.

309534[/snapback]

Actually, from what I've read Gibson did have spiritual motives in making the movie - which is why Hollywood ostracized him for making it. The irony is that by anyone refusing to produce it he used his own money and subsequently made a lot of money for himself.

The film is being released again to coincide with Easter and I know there are people that didn't see it for the violence factor (I've never seen it). Still, you can't overlook the economic advantage of the timing.

I saw it for the Violence, but looking at it at a pure historical View, it was pretty accurate on how the Romans treater Prisoners. so thats proably how it happened.

That's ok I guess, if editing it will get more people exposed to its message then that is good.

On the subject of the films violence, it actually pales in comparison to the descriptions of the beatings as told in the Bibles I've read: I've read in the Bible that he was beaten beyond recognition.

I saw the full film for the first time a few weeks ago and I thought it was very good. There were a few bit in there that were not in the Bible, but overall I thought is was the best adaptation thus far.

I found the comments many people in the press have made about it being too violent, but when you consider it the act of crucifixation is fairly violent wouldn't you say. I found it interesting because I like ancient history and the practice of crucifixation has been up for debate.

Furthermore, as I found the film was very close to what the Bible teaches I found it amusing when considering much of the criticism that I had read before viewing the film, as may of the things touched upon are in the Bible itself.

I saw this movie once..Its more hype than anything. I won't see it again and yes i did think Money when i first heard of it. Its not like its an academy award winning movie or anything

i suggest you read the book and save your self the ten dollers

or 6,7 or 8....