Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Next Film Ideas

I'd like to see the continuation of Nemesis by have a Romulan civil war start when objections to peace talks with the Federation arise. The Klingons could be brought in as well not pleased with the Federation for starting talks with the Klingon's blood enemies.

Romulans agree to peace with the federation, and the Klingons are furios and attacks a federation outpost, will it lead to war?!? Don't miss Star Trek XI

There's not gonna be another TNG movie.

Unless your real name is Rick Berman or Sherri Lansing that's only your opinion. I will firmly believe that there will be another TNG movie until I see a press release on Paramount letterhead saying otherwise.

Unless your real name is Rick Berman or Sherri Lansing that's only your opinion. I will firmly believe that there will be another TNG movie until I see a press release on Paramount letterhead saying otherwise.

It's not an opinion, it's a generalization. :rolleyes:

1. Patrick Stewart said he's felt like the TNG movies have come to a close.

2. Data was killed off in Nemesis.

3. Picard & Data carried the movies, without them, it wouldn't be the same.

4. Paramount wanted a new cast for the movies for #10.

5. Berman had to convince them to do TNG.

6. They said Nemesis would be TNG's last film unless it was a huge success, in the case, the direct sequal would be TNG's last film. The movie flopped, so there most likely won't be a sequal.

7. Berman's said in many interviews that he'd like the next movie to have a mixture of characters from more than one series.

This is all established as I've read all of the above in news articles, which is what leaves me to believe TNG is over in the movies. Like I said, it's a generalization. :lol:

i completely agree with Takara. its not over til its over.

i completely agree with Takara. its not over til its over.

What about my 2nd post? Those are established facts. A 5th TNG movie is "possible", however improbable.

It's not an opinion, it's a generalization. :rolleyes:

1. Patrick Stewart said he's felt like the TNG movies have come to a close.

2. Data was killed off in Nemesis.

3. Picard & Data carried the movies, without them, it wouldn't be the same.

4. Paramount wanted a new cast for the movies for #10.

5. Berman had to convince them to do TNG.

6. They said Nemesis would be TNG's last film unless it was a huge success, in the case, the direct sequal would be TNG's last film. The movie flopped, so there most likely won't be a sequal.

7. Berman's said in many interviews that he'd like the next movie to have a mixture of characters from more than one series.

This is all established as I've read all of the above in news articles, which is what leaves me to believe TNG is over in the movies. Like I said, it's a generalization. :lol:

I'll go through point by point:

1) Patrick Stewart said that just after the release of Nemesis - time has a way of changing people's minds as does a good script.

2) Your point - Spock was killed too but he came back.

3) They did carry the movies and they still can.

4 & 5) And he could probably convince them again. With the right script (hopefully by John Logan again) anything is possible.

6) Who is they?

7) Rick Berman has not discounted any possiblility for the next movie including it being another TNG movie.

I have read many articles on the subject too and I have not read anywhere that the PTB have said there will definitely not be another TNG movie. You can give 10 people a transcipt of an interview and get 10 different interpretations on what was said and I choose to interpret what I have read to mean there is still a chance.

6. "They" being the producers. :)

In any event, I too want a 5th and final TNG movie. However, if there's not one, Nemesis brings the TNG story to an end, quite nicely as well as a Janeway cameo! :lol: (Sorry, but I really like VOY. ;) )

Anywho, Stewart and Spiner seem to be done with Trek, but it's not impossible to get them back. As for the rest of the cast? I think they would all be willing to do another, especially Maria Sirtis. She seems to enjoy them the most! ;)

In any event, will there be a 5th TNG movie? Possibly, however unlikely. The next movie could be TNG, DS9, VOY, mixed cast, or new cast. I don't think it matters as long as we don't have to wait another 4 years :rolleyes: , and as long as we get a good scipt. :P

Stardate213436.

I agree with Captian Picard.I dont think there will be another TNG movie although it would be nice.I think for Star Trek Xl that it should be a DS9 movie

Ok, to get back on topic, here is my top idea for a new TNG film should one be made.

Geordi is very upset with the tragic loss of his best friend and begins work on trying to access the memories that Data gave to B4 hoping that Data’s essence or soul was also transferred. As B4’s processor is unable to handle the information Data transferred, Geordi had downloaded it into the Enterprise mainframe and has got a response from a being claiming to be Data in the mainframe. Data is now able to walk around the ship as a hologram and appears with human skin tones (no more make up for Mr Spiner). However the being claiming to be Data is expanding and growing across the whole of the Enterprise computer, as the Enterprise becomes it’s extended body and now wants to rid itself of the humans who it considers as a virus to be wiped out, it does this by sending holomonsters to kill the crew. Of course this is not Data and basic point of the film is that we cannot play god, as what was created was not Data but a new being from the incomplete information that Data gave to B4.

Captain Riker and the Titan could be included in the film as he could try to stop the Enterprise controlled by the evil Data impostor as it has impeded Klingon space, hence ambassador Worf could have joined Riker to help stop the Enterprise, this would lead to a good inter-ship battle.

I agree with Captain Picard, I don't think there's going to be another TNG movie. They had a hard enough time getting some of the actors to sign on for Nemisis. I think the next one is going to be DS9/VOY.

Ok, to get back on topic, here is my top idea for a new TNG film should one be made.

Geordi is very upset with the tragic loss of his best friend and begins work on trying to access the memories that Data gave to B4 hoping that Data’s essence or soul was also transferred. As B4’s processor is unable to handle the information Data transferred, Geordi had downloaded it into the Enterprise mainframe and has got a response from a being claiming to be Data in the mainframe. Data is now able to walk around the ship as a hologram and appears with human skin tones (no more make up for Mr Spiner). However the being claiming to be Data is expanding and growing across the whole of the Enterprise computer, as the Enterprise becomes it’s extended body and now wants to rid itself of the humans who it considers as a virus to be wiped out, it does this by sending holomonsters to kill the crew. Of course this is not Data and basic point of the film is that we cannot play god, as what was created was not Data but a new being from the incomplete information that Data gave to B4.

Captain Riker and the Titan could be included in the film as he could try to stop the Enterprise controlled by the evil Data impostor as it has impeded Klingon space, hence ambassador Worf could have joined Riker to help stop the Enterprise, this would lead to a good inter-ship battle.

Great idea, but I'm having some problems with it. My first one is...didn't they sort of do that with McCoy and Spock in III? McCoy held the info and went a little 'nuts' with what was stored in his brain? And second...the virus thing is a little old. IMO. To much 'computer virus' stuff going on and it looks like an easy way out. Thirdly...they did the 'we aren't god' thing in V didn't they?

I like the idea of Geordi trying to 'bring back' Data but the other stuff...is a bit over done. I do like the idea though. Maybe there could be trouble between Geordi and Picard when he tries to convince Picard that B4 could be Data, which could never happen because we're all individuals even though we may look/act alike, which brings in the 'cloning issue'. It could be an underlying story behind the Romulan civil war...that would be believable, maybe.

But as I'm reading my post it is so against what Geordi and the crew were trying to get at. Which is that we're all individuals and no one can replace you, whether you're Romulan, Klingon, Andorian, holographic, or if you have a positronic brain.

Katy

Sorry this is so long! No offense meant.

Great idea, but I'm having some problems with it. My first one is...didn't they sort of do that with McCoy and Spock in III? McCoy held the info and went a little 'nuts' with what was stored in his brain? And second...the virus thing is a little old. IMO. To much 'computer virus' stuff going on and it looks like an easy way out. Thirdly...they did the 'we aren't god' thing in V didn't they?

I like the idea of Geordi trying to 'bring back' Data but the other stuff...is a bit over done. I do like the idea though. Maybe there could be trouble between Geordi and Picard when he tries to convince Picard that B4 could be Data, which could never happen because we're all individuals even though we may look/act alike, which brings in the 'cloning issue'. It could be an underlying story behind the Romulan civil war...that would be believable, maybe.

But as I'm reading my post it is so against what Geordi and the crew were trying to get at. Which is that we're all individuals and no one can replace you, whether you're Romulan, Klingon, Andorian, holographic, or if you have a positronic brain.

Katy

Sorry this is so long! No offense meant.

No offence taken at all. To look at your points:

Yes it is similar but it is a similarity that was created in Nemesis with Data downloading his memories. What I am suggesting is that B4’s memory could not except what Data gave to him, so when Geordi downloads what he thinks is Data from B4 what is actually downloaded is something new and not Data at all (lets call it FakeData just so we know what we are talking about).

No the virus part was in reference to the way the FakeData would feel about the crew of the Enterprise, this is because FakeData was downloaded into the Enterprise mainframe and has grown to the point where the Enterprise has actually become it’s body, hence the people buzzing inside would be like a virus.

The message of this story would have reference two the engineering of people and would have loose messages about genetics and the fact that no matter how advanced we get we should always be careful when dealing in such matters. Plus, it would be a cool way to have the Enterprise itself turn against the crew, and have Riker and his ship try to stop it.

The reason I like this idea is simply because I could see it looking really grand and cool with battles between the Enterprise (controlled by FakeData) and the Titan, and it could enter Klingon space with would allow Worf to come in without some silly excuse. The feel inside the ship could also be a bit like Alien with holomonsters acting as antibodies to kill the crew and the FakeData could be a bit like HAL from 2001.

Worf's not an ambassador anymore, he returned to the Enterprise. :dude:

Pretty sure he's still an ambassador no? or did he find he wasn't cut out for that?

DS9, VOY, mixed cast movie bring all of the Star treks to gether like they did in Generations

Pretty sure he's still an ambassador no? or did he find he wasn't cut out for that?

There was a deleted scene in Nemesis, from the wedding reception, where he says he wasn't cut out to be a diplomat.

I guess they decided that since the movie is set 4 years after DS9's finale, that we would assume that he returned to Starfleet and requested the Enterprise since there wasn't much left for him back at DS9. My only question is he wore a red uniform when security is gold? The uniform colors are departmental, not rank. Perhaps since he was the first officer of the Defiant, he retained command responsibility, thus keeping a red uniform? That's my theory anyway. :dude:

My other idea would see the Titan crew being taken over by the aliens in conspiracy. Riker recognises what is happening, sets the self destruct, grabs Troy and escapes in a shuttle.

Meanwhile, the Enterprise is set to find out why there has been no contact with the Titan and they find Riker and Troy on a planet and take them aboard, however Troy is secretly carrying the mother creature inside of her and slowly members of the crew begin to get taken over.

Subplots involving Data/B4 could also be entered.

That would mean killing troy to get rid of it if not all the rest that got taken over, would it not?  B)

It could mean that and I suppose you could consider it, however my idea would be that Troy would eventually be discovered and in an attempt to escape the mother creature would shed it's outer skin so that it could escape a move more freely. It could be argued that the mother creature in Conspiracy only burst out of Remick's stomach due to the urgency of the situation.

In other words, I'm sure ways could be found not to kill her off. Have you got any other ideas on how she might survive?

By the time this thread is finished with we will have written the next movie for Berman. :grin:

I've allways thought they should bring these aliens back. Since they didn't do so on VOY, why not a movie?

Anywho, as for Troi surviving the "mother creature"? That'd be impossible. Remember Remick? His entire body was infested with the creatures, to the point where his neck pulsated. When the mother creature "burned" it's way out, we saw like 20 of those creatures fall to the floor.

Personally, I'd rather it be someone like Daniels from movies 8 & 9. It'd make it emotional without killing off a main character. :o

Anywho, as for Troi surviving the "mother creature"?  That'd be impossible.  Remember Remick?  His entire body was infested with the creatures, to the point where his neck pulsated.  When the mother creature "burned" it's way out, we saw like 20 of those creatures fall to the floor.

Why would it be impossible. Remember that with Star Trek anything is possible as long as your imagination can take you there.

In other words, just because Remick died why should Troy? You could argue that the mother creature in Troy was younger, hence could still crawl out or it could be removed by a taken over Doctor and stored somewhere same. The are endless ways it could be done.

Anywho, as for Troi surviving the "mother creature"?  That'd be impossible.  Remember Remick?  His entire body was infested with the creatures, to the point where his neck pulsated.  When the mother creature "burned" it's way out, we saw like 20 of those creatures fall to the floor.

Why would it be impossible. Remember that with Star Trek anything is possible as long as your imagination can take you there.

In other words, just because Remick died why should Troy? You could argue that the mother creature in Troy was younger, hence could still crawl out or it could be removed by a taken over Doctor and stored somewhere same. The are endless ways it could be done.

Well, it looked as though the "mother creature" had done too much damage to use Remick as a host for him to survive. However, to say that a "young mother creature" is what took over Troi could work. Beverly could finally shine in the movies and explain that they have to remove it before it matures, other wise Troi won't survive.

Well, it looked as though the "mother creature" had done too much damage to use Remick as a host for him to survive. However, to say that a "young mother creature" is what took over Troi could work. Beverly could finally shine in the movies and explain that they have to remove it before it matures, other wise Troi won't survive.

Thats the sort of thing. :laugh:

Also, remember that the creature in Remick could have been there for some time, either that or decided that Remick would be it's final host. Thats the great thing about Sci-Fi, anything can happen.

DS9, VOY, mixed cast movie bring all of the Star treks to gether like they did in Generations

I believe (in part because I'm a huge Niner) it would need to be a DS9 movie with some Voyager cast involved. It would be a DS9 story though.