This a fantastic comedy about the life of a 22 year old convenient store clerk who feels like his life is being wasted away having to work on his day off. Not only that, but he is supposed to get off at noon to play a street hockey game at two, but his boss hasn’t shown up to take over and it’s already past twelve. If that’s not bad enough, his friend,who is supposed to be manning the video store next door, is scaring off and offending the convenient store customers. Even if that’s not enough to drive him crazy, he’s got two yahoos (Jay and Silent Bob) sitting in front of the store selling drugs. Life for a cashier is harder than it looks and Kevin’s film really does show it in a very raw, humorous, not for children way.

This film is a very smart and well thought out independent comedy that shows the humor of things that happen in real life. Since it’s based on real life, this movie isn’t for the young or easily offended. They have some pretty X-rated conversations. Jay and Silent Bob as usual are the jokers of the film and really do add, instead of take away, from the film. Silent Bob’s Russian cousin was hilarious. The cousin is in America to start a metal band with his hit song “Bezerker”. For amateur actors of the time, they did an excellent job in the movie. You believe every line that is said. I really do connect with this film, probably because the Clerk is 22 years old *cough* which I will be in a couple of weeks *cough*. So I really do connect with the film as he goes through the same problems I think we all do and even more so.

Oh, I just found out today that a new Clerks movie is coming out this year. It's going to be called "The Passion of the Clerks". Go to www.imdb.com to read more

w00t, Clerks fan also. :( B)

A day in the life of a Quick Stop™ convenience store clerk.

I'm also a fan of the animated series they had for short-time on ABC, but I much like the style used in the film version, with its black-and-white realistic view.

Did you know that the film's soundtrack costed more than to make the movie itself?

post-812-1095566621.gif

I read about how the soundtrack cost more than the movie itself. I also read about how the original ending for the movie was that Dante gets shot in a store robbery but they had to take it out because they didn’t want a bad ending.

I like Smith’s movies. Each movie gets funnier and funnier. Mallrats is hilarious!

Brodie: I don’t know but I saw you frenching some guy back stage.

Contestant: What are you talking about, I’m not gay.

Brodie: What, you got something against gay people? Hey ladies, stay away from this guy, he’s a homophobe.

Contestant: What, I don’t hate gay people.

Brodie: So you love them?

Contestant: yes..I mean no.

:(

Jay and Silent Bob go beat up the Easter bunny. The guy can’t see the boat. Mallrats is great. I’m a big fan of Kevin Smith and his films. BIG fan of Jay and Silent Bob.