I did a board search and went through all 6 pages, didn't find the thread. Seems to have fallen off. Anyway, next to the Star Trek movies, this is my fav sci-fi movie. Anyone else like it?

NOTE: I'm referring to the 2002 verson. :lol:

I actually like both versions of the Time Machine...soundtrack is good too. Favorite piece of music from it is "Eloi"

I was rather disappointed with the latest one. The beginning was excellent where he kept going back to try and prevent his fiancee from dying. But I found the ending was rather lame. :lol:

I was rather disappointed with the latest one. The beginning was excellent where he kept going back to try and prevent his fiancee from dying. But I found the ending was rather lame.  :lol:

I agree with Lollypop

In my opinon..

Click for Spoiler:

the movie started out alright and the idea was there like the original, but when it came to the end it seemed as if it ran out of gas and focused mainly on being weird..I was really dissapointed.

I wish there were more time travelo movies these days..I love that kinda thing.

I was rather disappointed with the latest one. The beginning was excellent where he kept going back to try and prevent his fiancee from dying. But I found the ending was rather lame.  :bow:

I agree with Lollypop

In my opinon..

Click for Spoiler:

the movie started out alright and the idea was there like the original, but when it came to the end it seemed as if it ran out of gas and focused mainly on being weird..I was really dissapointed.

I wish there were more time travelo movies these days..I love that kinda thing.

Would you ellaborrate on why you disliked the ending? Agreed, more time travel movies! :lol:

I actually like both versions of the Time Machine...soundtrack is good too. Favorite piece of music from it is "Eloi"

OOOOO!!!!! The "Eloi" theme rocks! I can send ya the theme if ya want! :lol:

I downloaded it, and have it on a CD of mine...But thanks for the offer

I was rather disappointed with the latest one. The beginning was excellent where he kept going back to try and prevent his fiancee from dying. But I found the ending was rather lame.  :lol:

I agree...

CJLP, lame means (for me) it didn't carry the same tempo as the rest of the movie and the outcome seemed added on rather than developed throughout the movie. It's probably been thirty years since I read the book but didn't he go back to his own time in the book?

I agree...

CJLP, lame means (for me) it didn't carry the same tempo as the rest of the movie and the outcome seemed added on rather than developed throughout the movie. It's probably been thirty years since I read the book but didn't he go back to his own time in the book?

Dunno, I've never read the book or seen the first movie. However, I thought the ending was perfectly ballanced with the tempo and had everything to do with the movie, especially the ending with the hat!

From what I can remember about the end of the book...He travelled millions, and millions of years into the future, and all he saw was a beach without life, or just some huge slug like creatues laying there. So he decided to go back to the Eloi. I think that's how it finished.

I forget the ending of the book - but I liked both movies. The ending of the 2002 movie was a little weak IMO.