Sign in to follow this  
mj

Another night with the NBA

Just when I was getting used to seeing Enterprise on Friday's, it is replaced by a basketball game. :elephant:

No UPN tonight....not even local news.

Enterprise wasn't on tonight. It was America's Next Top Model. The next episode is next week, the next new episode is April 15th.

Paramount announced on February 24th that no new ENT episodes would be broadcast throughout the month of March.

Trek Today Story

I would say the reason ENT is often pre-empted is because it's not as popular as the shows that replace it. I would think this NBA game would attract a higher number of viewers, so that's why a higher priority is placed on it.

Edited by The King

Well, I remember Voyager being preempted on Wednesday nights for hockey games. I don't remember if it was playoffs or not. Another reason I hated the Flyers. :elephant:

Pre-emptions are things you have to expect sometimes on terrestrial television.

On Sky, they don't happen because everything has it's own dedicated channel.

Our local UPN affiliate used to pre-empt Voyager every week for some stupid University of Cincinnati or Xavier University basketball game. Then they would air Voyager immediately following the stupid game, but for those of us who were trying to tape Voyager every week, that was really inconvenient. You never knew when the crappy ballgame was going to end, so you never knew what time Voyager would come on the air.

They pulled the same stunt with DS9 in its final couple of seasons.

Nobody cares about us. The only thing we can count on is our own DVD sets and the heck with television all together.