Sign in to follow this  
trekkergirl220

what is your profession?

I just left school and could do any job i want :lol:

Click for Spoiler:

For now though i'm partying every night, drinkin', dancin', f***in', and fightin'.

lol, sorry kiddies :rolleyes:

I've been an audio production engineer (i.e. recording engineer) for over 25 years now.  I specialize now in broadcast production but I've done just about everything the field has to offer.  When I was 17, I started out as a radio personality as well (DJ), but I can add to that, music engineer, studio manager, foley artist, video sweetener etc.  It sure beats working in a factory but I have to say that sometimes the hours stink.  There have been times when I've started a project at 7 a.m. and then walked out at 4 a.m. the following day.  It may be cool, but is sure cuts down on social life.

Very Cool ! What station where you a Dj at?

The last station I worked at was WJZI, in Milwaukee, Wis. I did the radio thing as a hobby on weekends and held down two high profile mid-day shifts on Sat and Sun afternoons. I was free lancing as a for hire engineer during this time and just did the radio thing to have a few extra bucks in the pocket and to get into touring music acts for free.

The last station I worked at was WJZI, in Milwaukee, Wis.

What style of music does WJZI play? Is it AM or FM? I live in Milwaukee and have never heard of that station.

The last station I worked at was WJZI, in Milwaukee, Wis.

What style of music does WJZI play? Is it AM or FM? I live in Milwaukee and have never heard of that station.

It's the smooth jazz station, what used to be the old WQFM rocker. 93 FM.

I'm a dance DJ, i do parties, but i don't really consider it a profession, to me its just for laugh. I didn't need any practice either, i was at a party one time, and the decks were empty so i thought i'd have a go, everyone said i kicked *buttocks* naturally, so i kept it up.

Stardate213438.9

I am still in high school but i would still like to do something with Computer Networking. I have been taking classes on Cisco Networking.