Sign in to follow this  
jdigs

First Star Trek Memory.

What is your first Star Trek Memory?

Mine is, seeing Bill Shatner on board the Enterprise as my father flicked by it looking for another show. B)

My first recollection is from the premier episode, "Man Trap". I clearly remember seeing the transporter in action as the crew beamed to the surface instead of landing in a space ship like every other science fiction did. I knew then, even at the tender age of nine, that this show was something special. I was hooked right then and there. I even remember that during the opening credits i would always try and place my finger on the screen where the Enterprise would come out of space to flash across the screen. It took half the season to finally get it right. To top it off, I was the first kid in my fourth grade class to be able to do the vulcan salute. Geez, I was nerdier than I thought.

The first Trek I ever saw was actually a movie, Generations, and I really liked it.. Then I discovered the series and the other movies, and since Generations is one of the worst movies (IMO), you can imagine what I feel about the other movies and series B)

I am pretty young (18) so I wasn't old enough to start watching Trek before that..