Sign in to follow this  
fredbroca

new fronteir for movie or tv show

I am new so am sorry if I made a mistake in this post but what do you think about a new frontier movie or tv show. I personaly think it would be cool. :rolleyes:

You did fine! I have not read a single book in this series but I know people who have and they say it is great. I know the author and I have great respect in his ability to tell Trek stories, I would like to see NF get a shot at something other then only books, perhaps it would be the prime candidate for an animated, direct to video and DVD series. Would you like that?

You did fine! I have not read a single book in this series but I know people who have and they say it is great. I know the author and I have great respect in his ability to tell Trek stories, I would like to see NF get a shot at something other then only books, perhaps it would be the prime candidate for an animated, direct to video and DVD series. Would you like that?

I think it'd make for a great mini-series. Haven't read a single book though, but if they wanted to bring it to the screen, I say a mini-series is the best way to go.

I agree. The New Frontier as any sort of series would be great especially if they adapt one of the books for it. Capt. Calhoun would be a worthy addition to the list of great Star Trek captains and to have Commander Shelby back would add a necessary conection to the TNG universe.

I have yet to read the books, but I have often wondered if they ever thought about doing a show based on it. I think that's be cool.

to have Commander Shelby back would add a necessary conection to the TNG universe.

I agree.

whats the new frontier? never heard of it. but then again i dont read too many books.

I'm not quite sure what it is as well is it the books set that are set on a new star ship that has not been in a series if it is then I've seen um but not read them and any new trek show will be a good show B)

new frontier is a great set of books that have new people as well as people from next gen such as shellby from best of both worlds , Dr. selar and robin lefler. If you have not read it yet go read it and saying that you don't have the money is no excuse as your local libray has it or can get it. I harp on reading because tv is great but books open your mind. sorry for the advertising. B)

I harp on reading because tv is great but books open your mind.  sorry for the advertising. :lol:

Don't apologize. I too, have said that we need more readers. Print is not dead.

I've come across "The New Frontier" Trek Books in the local Bookstore where I live have glanced it briefly but haven't read one through hard to say for a movie or T.V show but might be one idea to revitalize the Franchise New Ship and Crew??

i would think a mini series could work, the stories are very enjoyable

To me, this is a tough one. At this point in time, as it relates to the Star Trek universe, I don't see any effort from anyone in putting the resources together to even make an animated version. A mini-series, ala what the Sci-Fi channel did for Battlestar, would be a more logical choice to try and jump start the franchise but the intererst and the realities of pitching a new Star Trek series to Paramount right now would most likely be met with the phrase, "Please leave your name in the ashtray and we'll get back to you". I've read every book in the series and the one aspect of it all that could possibly light a fire under Paramount, is the character of captain Mackenzie Calhoun. If you get a chance to read the stories, you'll find that he is the most tempermental captain in Starfleet that has ever been in command. His personality is a combination of the fly by the seat of your pants James Kirk, and a somewhat more emotional Picard. He is the type of captain who realizes that once you're out in the far reaches of the Federation, the normal rules of diplomacy and decor, no longer apply and a good threat to destroy a planet or ship is every bit as effective as an olive branch when the circumstances allow and call for it. His character would be the one to build a series around and give long time Star Trek fans and people who even have a passing interest, a focal point to become interested again. I dare say that a real life Captain Calhoun, would vie for the title of best captain among Trek fans. He's already mine and the only image I have of him is what the illustrator put on the cover of the first book. A captain with a purple scar on his face evokes images of that brave new frontier and reminds readers that the Federation sometimes can be very inept when it comes to handling a crisis far from home. Sometimes you need to send in a gunslinger and that's exactly what Calhoun is, albeit with a little more restraint. Will this happen? Probably not. But, in my opinion, it's the best chance of creating a memorable character to actually build a show around and start traveling around the galaxy once more.