Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

To the People of Canada, a Question...

Would you support a National Football League team being placed in Canada?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a National Football League team being placed in Canada?

• Sure, it would help the economy of whichever city it goes in.
    • Yeah, The NFL is Great!
    • I dunnow.
    • Eh, probably not a good idea
    • No way, Dude. it's bad enough we've got the MLB here.

So, Canada, would you support a National Football League team in Canada? currently, the NFL is considering the possibilities of a team in cities such as Toronto.

The NFL won't be putting a team in Toronto in the foreseeable future. They have an agreement with the CFL not to expand into Canada while the CFL is still in existence.

If there was a team, if they won they might have a chance but a few bad years and people would desert them in droves.

I really don't see, that is if they could, them having a team in Toronto. Buffalo, New York is only 90 minutes away from Toronto. Buffalo's market is really big, but having a team in Toronto will only make it smaller.

I really don't see, that is if they could, them having a team in Toronto.  Buffalo, New York is only 90 minutes away from Toronto.  Buffalo's market is really big, but having a team in Toronto will only make it smaller.

300467[/snapback]

That's another reason they won't be going into Toronto. I seem to recall the Bills objecting to the idea of expanding because they consider Toronto and area to be part of their market.

If there was a team, if they won they might have a chance but a few bad years and people would desert them in droves.

300462[/snapback]

Kind of like Americans and hockey.

Well, let's say they put a team in Toronto. The Bills are an AFC team, correct? So, you put the Toronto team, let's call them the Toronto Blizzard, into the NFC. that way, they won't interfere with each other's TV Markets, since AFC games are normally shown on CBS, and NFC on Fox. This idea is what they did with Baltimore and Washington. Baltimore and Washington are virtually next door neighbors. and, they do the same with the two NY teams, and with the two LA teams when there were teams in LA.

Well, let's say they put a team in Toronto. The Bills are an AFC team, correct? So, you put the Toronto team, let's call them the Toronto Blizzard, into the NFC. that way, they won't interfere with each other's TV Markets, since AFC games are normally shown on CBS, and NFC on Fox. This idea is what they did with Baltimore and Washington. Baltimore and Washington are virtually next door neighbors. and, they do the same with the two NY teams, and with the two LA teams when there were teams in LA.

300790[/snapback]

Or the three Florida teams.. which are basically spread out by about a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hour drive (Jacksonville, Tampa Bay and Miami -Northeast, west central, and southeast FLA.)

300790[/snapback]

Toronto is not just a TV market to Buffalo. They draw fans into their stands from Toronto and Southern Ontario. Toronto is only 96 miles away.

I think the NFL's priority is probably to get a team back into LA rather than get one in Canada.

It is, Definately, Takara. However, in his Friday press conference, the Comish (Paul Tags <Can't spell his last name>) said he would look forward to being able to expand the NFL into both Canada and Mexico.

It is, Definately, Takara. However, in his Friday press conference, the Comish (Paul Tags <Can't spell his last name>) said he would look forward to being able to expand the NFL into both Canada and Mexico.

301299[/snapback]

Should prove to be interesting to see if they do go ahead with it.

It would be interesting, but I don't see it happening for awhile. There will be some problems with it at first. Will the teams come from expansion or relocated teams from another city? :biggrin:

Edited by Odie

The question I have is, would they be an outdoors team or a Dome team? Canadians, being as used to the cold as they are, would probably have an outdoor team. talk about home field advantage..."Welcome to the NFC Championship game between the Toronto Blizzard and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers here in Toronto, Canada. It's currently 10 below zero, with a windchill of -20. Joe, how will the Bucs respond to the weather..."

The question I have is, would they be an outdoors team or a Dome team? Canadians, being as used to the cold as they are, would probably have an outdoor team. talk about home field advantage..."Welcome to the NFC Championship game between the Toronto Blizzard and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers here in Toronto, Canada. It's currently 10 below zero, with a windchill of -20. Joe, how will the Bucs respond to the weather..."

303286[/snapback]

They'd more than likely be a dome team because the Skydome (Rogers Centre) is available as the Argos are moving to a new stadium at York I believe.

But frankly, I don't see it happening.