Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Star Trek's future

The fate of the franchise  

65 members have voted

1. 1. The fate of the franchise

• The franchise has shattered beyond help. Star Trek is over.
    • Enterprise has soured people on series, but Star Trek will continue in movies.
    • They'll make a new series in the future, but there will be a massive change in staff.
    • They'll learn from their mistakes, keep the same people and move on with another series.
    • Enterprise was a great show and should have been continued

When this "Save Enterprise" campaign is over and done with, then we as a collective group of fans must act like a kind of "Think Tank" to brainstorm some NEW ideas and concepts for Trek's future.

:bow:

I voted for the last option which shouldn't really surprise anyone. Enterprise was a great show and should have been continued..

If Enterprise is indeed cancelled and doesn't return next season then Star Trek is over..And it won't come back for a long, long time..It'll probably be gone forever..That's why I'm so distressed over this..But I'll get over it and move on..

I voted for the last option which shouldn't really surprise anyone. Enterprise was a great show and should have been continued..

If Enterprise is indeed cancelled and doesn't return next season then Star Trek is over..And it won't come back for a long, long time..It'll probably be gone forever..That's why I'm so distressed over this..But I'll get over it and move on..

302102[/snapback]

I, too, am distressed over the cancellation of Enterprise before this season was completed and allowed to demonstrate its quality. :sadwalk: I try to remain hopeful that as long as Star Trek conventions continue, the videos and DVD's do well, and the various campaigns continue, Trek will be back in some form within 3 years. I'm hoping for an occasional TV movie, if not another series.

People people people, you must have belief in Trek.

Nothing is over. ENT didn't work, it isn't coming back, but that doesn't mean Star Trek is dead, and even if it ever died, it would come back like a phoenix!!!!!

All you Pro-ENT people are just feeling defeated and down right now, but that won't last forever. You'll feel better eventually. Heck, people always feel that way when their favourite shows are cancelled.

But things always change.

Nothing is over. ENT didn't work, it isn't coming back, but that doesn't mean Star Trek is dead, and even if it ever died, it would come back like a phoenix!!!!!

All you Pro-ENT people are just feeling defeated and down right now, but that won't last forever. You'll feel better eventually. Heck, people always feel that way when their favourite shows are cancelled.

302106[/snapback]

I want you to remember this conversation King. Because one day when there is no new Star Trek anywhere in the future you're going to realize that we were right..

I want you to remember this conversation King. Because one day when there is no new Star Trek anywhere in the future you're going to realize that we were right..

I'm like a Royal Elephant, Mr.Tigger, I never forget.

One day, good man, in the future (assuming we are still alive) when Trek is soaring again, ENT will be forgotten, Berman and Braga will be history, and the entire Trek fanbase will be united and satisified and you'll look back and say "Hey, that "King" dude and his Pro-Franchise side were right!!!!!"

What a great new era it shall be. :bow:

:bow::bow::bow:

302106[/snapback]

We all believe in Trek, whether or not we liked Enterprise :bow:. The more we liked it, the more miserable we're going to be - like me :bow: ! I mantain hope that there may be an Enterprise TV movie if all the loose ends aren't wrapped up, although it seems unlikely at present. My main concern is that Trek's return may take as long as it did between TOS and TNG! ARGH! I'm confident that Enterprise will be remembered either way.

And as someone somewhere said, "change is the only constant in life."

My concern is not how "long" it takes for Trek to come back.

My main priority is making certain that whenever it comes back, it is of a world class standard of quality and excellence.

If it takes five years, then fine. If it takes ten years, so be it.

Like Louis Armstrong sang: "We....have.....ALLLLL....the time.......in DA world".

louis.jpg

:bow: :o :bow: :bow: :bow::bow:

Edited by The King

There may have been too many options on this poll for the anti-Enterprise folks to choose from, with only one option for pro-Enterprise folks to settle on.  It may be skewing the results, giving the appearance that a decisive majority of voters think ENT was a great show and should continue, when in fact the poll shows the voters evenly split.  So 50% of us believe the ENT was flawed/stunk/was a mistake and 50% of us think it was a good show.

Of course, this is thus far in the voting.  Things could change overnight!

302072[/snapback]

Actually it appears that only 5 poll-voters thought badly of the show - the first option reflects that and the second is similar. The third and fourth options do not say anything about dislike for ENT. Rather, those options are for the people who just don't think ENT is coming back. Some of the options seem to overlap a little. Somehow, this things says I've voted already even though I haven't :bow: . If I were to vote, though, I'd be torn between options 4 and 5. Both are true to me, butI wont give up on the SaveENT efforts just yet.

302074[/snapback]

I voted for the third option and I hated Enterprise. I think the first four options were viable choices for any of the anti-Enterprise group, but the final option was one that the pro-Enterprise group could get behind.

There will be more Trek, I have complete faith in it. If Paramount stops trying to squeeze a nickel out of the Trek franchise, I'll eat my shoe. I only hope that someone who really cares about the Trek universe will step up to the plate and send B&B right out of the ballpark. I'd like to buy the bat for whoever it is and tell 'em to swing away.

I'm split between 2 of the options. I think that the franchise is not over but it does need a rest, more than a few years too. There had been a Star Trek series on TV since 1987 and a movie in the theaters since 1979. It's time for a rest. I do think that Berman and Braga should be fired. Well at least Berman, the reason being that I see a total arrogance in his handling of the franchise a bit of a disconnect on what Star Trek is. We all know it's now a franchise to make money but to his predessor it was a bit more. At first it seemed like he rejected TOS concepts because he himself was not a part of that series. This of course is debatable. He did a good job with DS9 because he had better writers who cared about the product a bit more. At the same time ENT was not a totally bad show( I liked a little more than Voyager) and I really think it was starting to turn around before it was axed. All they needed to do was to keep Cotto as writer and get rid of T'Pol who I think was like a cancer for the show.

I don't get to watch much of ENT... infact, I'm still not at 3rd season yet!! Its really slow in this part of the world and I'm still looking forward to the "new" season 3. The other ST series are much better than ENT but I'm quite upset that they are ending it.

I have never heard of fans making any impact on any filmaking decisions so I'm a bit sceptical about what's going to happen with all our petition. I voted the same staff new series. I hope it would be about a more popular Captain such as Riker, Chakotay or even Sulu.

Riker, Chakotay or even Sulu

A Riker/USS Titan "mini-movie" would certainly be something interesting, but I doubt Chakotay's character is interesting enough to further develop, besides I doubt Robert Beltran would return to the franchise because of his poor relationship with Rick Berman. George Takei is just too old to do anything else on-camera in Star Trek.

I know this might have been talked about, but what about Worf being a Captain on a Klingon ship... just an idea.

Another idea is "Deep Sapce One". Dunring the war in the 2160's... I know what your thinking but at least there be more action.