Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Scott Bakula

Guest pablo

I think he's doing a good job. I think the series is starting to pick up. I think the writers are tackling a very daunting task - elaborating on history (in the star trek world of course.)

I strongly agree with Pablo... The Enterprise series is starting to get a good 'foundation' now, since all the episodes that I watched were quite good, and there wasn't one that I didn't like. Bakula performs the job admirably.

If you look at the other series it took the first 2 season to really take off also, so I think season 3 on Enterprise is going to be the break out year.

I believe Archer to be the best so far because he has the advantage of being the first Captain of a Starship, therefore any time during the first couple seasons he appears to be a poor actor it can be attributed to him not having a prior Starship Captain example to follow.

I enjoyed him in Quantum Leap and I believe Scott is the right person for the role.

He is excellent in his character development techniques and is showing Archer's

growth from an almost naive humble Captain to the seasoned captain he will become.

I think it was agood choice, because i don't thgink he will burn out after a few years since already used to acult following from his time on quntam leap. Scott himself is a pretty good actor. So just as long as he doesn'tr get bored then it will be great, and as every one has said it's only going to get better. He also pulls off the not-sure-of-himself-but-still-vailant-leader thing very well :D

Bakula had good experience on "Quantum Leap" so i agree with who ever says hes right for this role.. he had an understanding of future technology.. plus wasn;t he a star trek fan??

-Laur

Bakula had good experience on "Quantum Leap" so i agree with who ever says hes right for this role.. he had an understanding of future technology.. plus wasn;t he a star trek fan??

-Laur

To this day I still haven't seen the first episode of Quantum Leap, no matter how hard I've tried I just can't seem to catch it on.

To this day I still haven't seen the first episode of Quantum Leap, no matter how hard I've tried I just can't seem to catch it on.

Umm i have seen all of the Quantum Leap Episodes.. i think its still on space.. i dunno haven;t watched it in like a year..

but its been on.. i've seen it like maybe 2 times.. it just shows him making his first leap.. nothing really special

-Laur

Umm i have seen all of the Quantum Leap Episodes.. i think its still on space.. i dunno haven;t watched it in like a year..

but its been on.. i've seen it like maybe 2 times.. it just shows him making his first leap.. nothing really special

-Laur

Yeah, but I'd still like to see it just to see how it all started.

OK, Scottie B (my favourite actor i must add!) was the best choice because he is a diverse and skilled actor - just look at all the different characters he had to play week in week out on QL - , multi-talented, funny, sexy... the list goes on!

There is a quality about him that is, well, nice! He just seems like such a great guy in real life and that really shows through in his portrayal of Archer... Plus, like i and everyone else here has said, he is a good actor and had a lot of experience on QL. It was an inspired choice, because QL had such a cult following - still does - but it was away from our screens long enough to make us really pine for it/him and so to bring him back as Archer was like a reward for being patient!!

Sounds like we are very lucky in the sunny UK because one of our digital channels shows QL repeats every week!

You know I sometimes hear people dissing SB as an awful actor on ENT, (not here but, you know...) I think SB is pulling off the Character of Archer in fine style. I love the way he seems to be bumbling around sometimes, I think it proves the character is learning He bit off a pretty big bite, his preconceptions about what was going on in the Galaxy.

Perhaps going in, he had thoughts about "I am going to clean up this town"

and is learning it will not be as easy as he thought.

I think it is all just a great representation of the early days of Starfleet and their first Warp 5 engine. Keep on Trekking Enterprise!

Bakula is a talented actor and their only dissing him cuz hes not a Kirk or Picard... their just mad..

-Laur :D

So you see it too? He is just bringing something to the character! I knew I could not be the only one who had thought this!

Oh, to anyone else whom shares this view, I'm sorry, I did not mean to include you in the dummy group. :) Keep on Trekking!

I've never thought he was doing a bad job at all. He is playing the part as it should be. It's a learning experience for both Archer and Scott. I have not seen a bad episode yet. I even liked him in Murphy Brown... lol

Oh i totally agree Alterego. I mean, there is a lot of history in the TREK franchise, but there are some people in the world who will not let the old series' go and try and enjoy the new ones.... Nothing can take away their love of TOS and TNG, but if they just loosened up a bit they might well be able to appreciate ENT and Bakula.... ok, rant over!!! :D

I think Scott Bakula is doing a great job as Captain Archer. I have to admit that I cannot stop thinking of him as Sam Becket on Quantam Leep. By the way, I have the first episode of Quantam Leap on tape. I believe that is the one where he leeps into a test pilot back in the 50's. It was a pretty cool episode. Actually, they all were.

I believe Enterprise needs another year to develop into its full potential. We are only beginning to learn things about the characters on the show. We finally got to see one of Dr. Phlox's wives. We also learned that Dr. Phlox did not care if she had a relationship with anybody on the ship. I found that pretty funny. Sorry, I got off the subject a bit. Hmmmmm, as for what another year will do for Bakula. Maybe, he will win some more fans. :D

Ya I agree, Bakula is good. I'm not really into sci-fi tv shows other than Star Trek like Babylon 5 and such, so what exactly is Quantam Leap? Is it good?

Quantam Leap is about a genious, Dr. Samual Becket, who invents a Quantam Accelerator that can send him back in time. The weird thing is that it sends himself into other people's bodies. He also loses some his memories and receives some of their's. While he leaps into these people's live's, Al (Dean Stockwell) comunicates with him in the form of a hologram. They obtain different information about the people from a computer called Ziggy. Sam would have to do something to correct a certain situation. When he did, he leaped into somebody else. One time, he leaped into himself as a young teen. At times it was a very serious show. Sometimes it was pretty funny. He leaped into women every once in a while. One time he leaped into a pregnent girl. He actually had a baby. :D

I thought it was a pretty good show.

He's getting much better. I thought, when the series first started, that he was somewhat stiff and actually might be having trouble with the technical jargon (some of his inflections the first half of the first season made me cringe).

But, as the series has progressed, he's relaxed and become more natural.

Just my opinion. :D

Ya I agree, Bakula is good. I'm not really into sci-fi tv shows other than Star Trek like Babylon 5 and such, so what exactly is Quantam Leap? Is it good?

Here's a pretty cool Flash page that explains Quantum Leap, check it out.

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/flashintro.htm

SICK!!! i Just kept Plaing the Intro Over again.. hehe

thanx 4 the site :D

-Laur :D

Ok, I just finished watching the 1st QL. Good show, I was hoping for more pre-leap story though. But it was really good. Now I have to download the others so I can see them all again! LOL

Ziggy and Al were the best on that show..I watched that allllll the time when I was younger..Bakula played the part well..until he ran into that evil leaper woman and it got all confusing and he started seeing his wife in dreams...I saw the last ep not to long ago..he was being thrown around different tim-lines by the "big guy" upstairs to correct various events..oddly enough the character who was along the whole way was played by Bruce McGill, more known to ST Voyager fans as Captain Braxton from both time-ship eps Relativity and Future`s End, Part I and two.