Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

STARTREKFANS.NET - Recipes

Maybe we could start a thread to post favorite recipes. In another section someone mentioned Chocolate Pecan Pie and that got me thinking. My favorite category would be easy recipes for those who hate to cook.

What do you think? Does anyone have recipes they'd like to share?

i love this idea. but when i cook something, i dont follow a specific recipe, i just do the pinch, and dash, or experiment thing. but if i come up with some, which i know i can i put it here.

Ok, i promised to post this recipe, so here it is...best served with Bryers Vanilla bean Ice cream or on Data's left big toe :devil:

Kahlua Fudge Topping AKA Data Sause

1 c unsweetened cocoa powder

2/3 c granulated sugar

1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed (i use dark brown and its fine)

1 c heavy whipping cream

1/4 c Kahlua

1/2 c butter

1-1/2 tsp. vanilla

Stir choco and sugars together in heavy sause pan , add cream and butter. Stir over Med. heat until mix begins to boil. Keep at boil for 1 minute remove from heat, add vanilla and Kahlua. Cool. Refridgerate leftover (if there is any)

Enjoy! Also goes great with the peanut butter and Data will no doubt pull out! :rolleyes:

this is a great main dish. Kids love it too.

Linguine Broccoli Bake

One bag frozen

6oz (or more) linguine

¼ cup butter or margarine

¼ cup flour

2 cups milk

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

¼ t garlic power

1/8 t of both nutmeg and thyme

1 cup cooked ham, cubed

1 cup or more of Swiss cheese

Cook broccoli and linguine until done. In med. Sauce pan, heat butter, add spices. Stir in flour, mix well. Slowly add milk and thicken. Add Parmesan cheese and then Swiss until melted and bubbly, stirring continually. Layer all ingredients together in 13 by 9, bake for 15 –20 minutes or until warmed through in 375 degree oven. Great as leftover

Apfelquarkkuchen (German Apple & Cream Cake)

-------------

Cake:

1 pk Yeast; Dry,Active

4tb Sugar

1/4c Butter or Margarine

1 egg, large

1/2 ts Salt

2c Flour

1/2c Milk

--------------

Filling:

3c Apples, sliced

1 ts Cinnamon

2 tb Flour

1 egg

1 tb Lemon Juice

3/4c Sugar

8oz Cream Cheese

-----------------

CAKE:

Mix yeast, salt, 4 T sugar, and 3/4 cup flour. Add butter to milk. Heat until very warm (120-130 degrees F.). Gradually add milk to flour mixture. Beat for 2 minutes. Add egg and 1/2 cup flour. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes. Mix in enough flour to form a soft dough. Knead for 5 to 10 minutes, until dough is shiny and elastic. Place in greased bowl and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Pat dough into well-greased 10-inch springform pan pressing the dough 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the pan.

FILLING:

Toss apples with lemon juice, cinnamon, 1/4 cup sugar, and 2 T of flour. Arrange in rows on top of the dough. Beat together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and egg. Spread over apples. Let rise in warm place for 1 hour.Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes. Best when served warm.

Apfelquarkkuchen (German Apple & Cream Cake)

-------------

Cake:

1 pk Yeast; Dry,Active

4tb Sugar

1/4c Butter or Margarine

1 egg, large

1/2 ts Salt

2c Flour

1/2c Milk

--------------

Filling:

3c Apples, sliced

1 ts Cinnamon

2 tb Flour

1 egg

1 tb Lemon Juice

3/4c Sugar

8oz Cream Cheese

-----------------

CAKE:

Mix yeast, salt, 4 T sugar, and 3/4 cup flour.  Add butter to milk.  Heat until very warm (120-130 degrees F.).  Gradually add milk to flour mixture.  Beat for 2 minutes.  Add egg and 1/2 cup flour.  Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes.  Mix in enough flour to form a soft dough.  Knead for 5 to 10 minutes, until dough is shiny and elastic. Place in greased bowl and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk. Pat dough into well-greased 10-inch springform pan pressing the dough 1 1/2 inches up the sides of the pan.

FILLING:

Toss apples with lemon juice, cinnamon, 1/4 cup sugar, and 2 T of flour. Arrange in rows on top of the dough.  Beat together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and egg.  Spread over apples.  Let rise in warm place for 1 hour.Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.  Best when served warm.

yum! looks good, thanks! this was a good idea Unicornhunter!

I have the best recipe for ginger cupcakes with butterscotch sauce. It's sooo good that I made it 3 days in a row! I'll find the recipe tonight

My mom has some great recipes, I'll have to ask her what they are though...excellent blue berry buckle, popovers, and biscutts! ummmm...

wow your the first person other than family members, that have knowledge of popovers. they're the best i love em, butcha gotta have real butter with them, not that fake stuff. ill find the recipe i have for them.

A Hottie For Everyone :)

Ingredients

175g(6 oz) boned chicken breasts pated dry and cut into strips.

salt.

Freshly ground black pepper.

4 tablespoons cooking oil.

1 red, and green pepper cored and seeded and cut in thin strips.

1 red, and green chilli seeded and finely chopped.

50g(2 oz) pine nuts

1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped.

4 table spoons dry white wine.

2 table spoons lemon juice.

3 table spoons oyster sauce.

2 tea spoons caster sugar.

1 tea spoon of chilli sauce ( or to taste )

4 table spoons of light soy sauce

1 table spoon cornflower

2 spring onions finely chopped to garnish.

Method

1 sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cook over high heat with 2 table spoons of oil for 5 minutes or until tender, remove and reserve.

2 heat remaining oil in wok and stir fry peppers for 2 mins until just cooked remove and reserve.

3 cook chillies, pinenuts and garlic over medium heat for 1 min drain off excess fat, and then add white wine, lemon juice, oyster sauce, caster sugar, and chlli sauce. cook stirring frequently for 1 min.

4 blend soy sauce and corn flour together and add to chilli mixture, bring to boil then add chicken and peppers, cover and cook over a medium heat until chicken is warmed through.

5 serve and garnish with spring onion.

I hope I haven't missed anything.

its the chilli sauce that provides the heat the more the hotter !

hope you enjoy.

......175g(6 oz) boned chicken breasts pated dry and cut into strips......3 table spoons oyster sauce......

Ewk! I'm a vegetarian :)

My grandma made this really cool cake to help her kids learn the bible. You have to look up the ingredients.

Bible cake

1 1/2 cups Judges 5:25 2 cups Jeremiah 6:20

1/2 dozen Jeremiah 17:11 3 1/2 cups First Kings 4:22

1/1 cup Judges 4:19 2 tsp Amos 4:5

2 cups First Samuel 30:12 2 cups Nahum 3:12

2 Tbsp First Samuel 14:25 1 cup Numbers 17:8

To bake:

See Proverds 23:14

Bake 1 1/2 - 2 hours

My mom has some great recipes, I'll have to ask her what they are though...excellent blue berry buckle, popovers, and biscutts! ummmm...

wow your the first person other than family members, that have knowledge of popovers. they're the best i love em, butcha gotta have real butter with them, not that fake stuff. ill find the recipe i have for them.

Almost know one I know knows of them either! What is this world comming too? they're excellent! My moms been away for a week so I haven't been able to get the recipee. They're sooo good, and yes definately real buttter, or strawberry jam right after they come out of the oven...yumm! I'm gettting really hungry just thinking about them! :)

Here's an unusual but yummy salad...

Bacon and Carmelised Pear Salad

(you can also dredge chicken breast strips in flour with a 1 tspn cinnamon and some cracked pepper and cook in frypan- slice and serve on top of salad)

2 cups fresh orange juice

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion

1 tablespoon white sugar

1 tablespoon white wine

salt and pepper to taste

3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon butter

2 pears - peeled, cored and cut into wedges

1 cup walnut halves

1/2 cup white sugar

1/4 cup water

1/4 pound prosciutto, cut into thin strips or 5 bacon rashers

2 muscelin lettuces , rinsed and torn

(fancy salad lettuces- a mixture of slightly strong and crisp lettuces- I've even used baby spinach leaves)

1 In a medium saucepan, heat orange juice over medium-high heat, whisking often, until it is reduced by 1/4.

2 Add to a blender, along with the vinegar, onion, sugar, wine, salt and pepper, and process until smooth. Then, while blending on a low speed, remove cap and slowly drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify (thicken) the dressing. Chill until ready to use.

3 Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Saute pears and nuts in butter for 3 minutes. Add sugar and water and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown and caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.

4 In a large bowl, combine prosciutto (or bacon), lettuce and the pear and walnut mixture. Add vinegrette and toss to coat. Serve on a large platter. Enjoy!

Here's an unusual but yummy salad...

Bacon and Carmelised Pear Salad

(you can also dredge chicken breast strips in flour with a 1 tspn cinnamon and some cracked pepper and cook in frypan- slice and serve on top of salad)

2 cups fresh orange juice

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion

1 tablespoon white sugar

1 tablespoon white wine

salt and pepper to taste

3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon butter

2 pears - peeled, cored and cut into wedges

1 cup walnut halves

1/2 cup white sugar

1/4 cup water

1/4 pound prosciutto, cut into thin strips or 5 bacon rashers

2 muscelin lettuces , rinsed and torn

(fancy salad lettuces- a mixture of slightly strong and crisp lettuces- I've even used baby spinach leaves)

1 In a medium saucepan, heat orange juice over medium-high heat, whisking often, until it is reduced by 1/4.

2 Add to a blender, along with the vinegar, onion, sugar, wine, salt and pepper, and process until smooth. Then, while blending on a low speed, remove cap and slowly drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify (thicken) the dressing. Chill until ready to use.

3 Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Saute pears and nuts in butter for 3 minutes. Add sugar and water and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown and caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.

4 In a large bowl, combine prosciutto (or bacon), lettuce and the pear and walnut mixture. Add vinegrette and toss to coat. Serve on a large platter. Enjoy!

Looks ... Yummy ! I must try that. :rolleyes: