Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

When do they use the bathroom?

edited by mod only to add spoiler.

Click for Spoiler:

So... When do the crew use the bathroom? I mean... say there's a diplomatic function, and say, Captain Picard has some "alien food stuff" that doesn't agree with him. Later, there's an alien attack, and Picard's gotta go! What does he do? :huh:

I've often wonderred what the grew does when they have to use the bathroom durring an ongoing emergency. I've seen bridge schematics that shows a door leading to a "head" by the aft turbo-lift, on the left side of the bridge, when facing the back wall. Perhaps that's why it's there? (Woops! Forgot to mention that I was referring to the Enterprise-D bridge! :rolleyes: )

Anyone else ever wonderred this? Are there any public bathrooms, or do they gotta cross half the ship to get to their quarters? What if they gotta go bad, are conducting an experriment, and are half the ship away from their quarters? WHAT DO THEY DO? :lol:

Anywho, CYA guys arround! ;)

thats a really interesting question. I personally have never really spent long hours thinking about it, but now that you mention it, it makes you wonder. I guess they have to hold it....your probably right about that door though. I guess the writers didn't feel it was important to include that detail, and in doing so, forgot that it was necessarayy to include a local bathroom, even if they didn't have to explain it.

thats a really interesting question.  I personally have never really spent long hours thinking about it, but now that you mention it, it makes you wonder.  I guess they have to hold it....your probably right about that door though.  I guess the writers didn't feel it was important to include that detail, and in doing so, forgot that it was necessarayy to include a local bathroom, even if they didn't have to explain it.

You know how we occassionally see doors that are never used and seem to lead to know where? Perhaps those doors lead to heads (ship term for bathroom)? :rolleyes:

Click for Spoiler:

So...  When do the crew use the bathroom?  I mean...  say there's a diplomatic function, and say, Captain Picard has some "alien food stuff" that doesn't agree with him.  Later, there's an alien attack, and Picard's gotta go!  What does he do? :rolleyes:

I've often wonderred what the grew does when they have to use the bathroom durring an ongoing emergency.  I've seen bridge schematics that shows a door leading to a "head" by the aft turbo-lift, on the left side of the bridge, when facing the back wall.  Perhaps that's why it's there?  (Woops!  Forgot to mention that I was referring to the Enterprise-D bridge! :lol: )

Anyone else ever wonderred this?  Are there any public bathrooms, or do they gotta cross half the ship to get to their quarters?  What if they gotta go bad, are conducting an experriment, and are half the ship away from their quarters?  WHAT DO THEY DO? :huh:

Anywho, CYA guys arround! ;)

Yeh, i mean you'd think they'd have some toilets close by, it would improve crew effiency ;)

my friend Gorge once told me that in the future they eat food that is specially made that the body absorbs all of it ( in other words there was no need for the bathroom)

I wish I could have thought about the alien cultures food then

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT?

my friend Gorge once told me that in the future they eat food that is specially made that the body absorbs all of it ( in other words there was no need for the bathroom)

I wish I could have thought about the alien cultures food then

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT?

But what if someone got sick, and maybe their stomachs didn't work at a 100 % efficiency.. They surely need toilets..

And I've never seen one on Enterprise NX-01 either, and surely all that crap that Trip eats, some of it must come out the natural way :rolleyes:

I think like anywhere were there is many people there is an abundance of bathrooms..even if they are eating food which allows for better..uh...you know..they still need to relievethemselves, It is a good question tho

Yeah I saw that too, its in a movie called 'a journey's end, the saga of star trek" or at least, I'm almpost positive thats what its called. the only problem with that is, theres only one bathroom! and its no where near the bridge!

:) notice how no one on tv EVER has to go? - so true to life, eh? - anyone see the epsiode of ENT where whashisname 'went' in his EV suit? - dont know why, but it made me SOOO happy to finally see someone on tv 'going' - gawd, i need help... :blink:

Yeah I saw that too, its in a movie called 'a journey's end, the saga of star trek" or at least, I'm almpost positive thats what its called. the only problem with that is, theres only one bathroom! and its no where near the bridge!

It's actually an hour behinde the scenes special called "Journey's End: The Saga of Star Trek: The Next Generation"

However, on a massive 42-deck ship, with 1,000 people on board... I highly doubt there's only one bathroom! :blink:

:blink: ;) ROTFLMAO OK! You guys are to much. Whatever bought this up? Then maybe I shouldn't ask! :) ;)

On the show Reading Railroad LeVar Buton did a episode about TNG. He also said that one of the most things people ask him about is where the bathroom is and he said there is only one bathroom in the dead middle of the ship.

On the show Reading Railroad LeVar Buton did a episode about TNG. He also said that one of the most things people ask him about is where the bathroom is and he said there is only one bathroom in the dead middle of the ship.

Well, with 1,000 people onboard, it doesn't make since to have one bathroom. :blink:

If the officers have showers and wash basins in their quarters I assume they have the remaining fixtures as well. I guess crew showers would be set up the same.

Also, as I've pointed out before; jumpsuits are very inconvenient for visiting these necessary fixtures. You would think they had figured that out by the 22d century.

If the officers have showers and wash basins in their quarters I assume they have the remaining fixtures as well.  I guess crew showers would be set up the same.

Also, as I've pointed out before; jumpsuits are very inconvenient for visiting these necessary fixtures.  You would think they had figured that out by the 22d century.

And in Genesis we saw Troi in a bathtub

If the officers have showers and wash basins in their quarters I assume they have the remaining fixtures as well.  I guess crew showers would be set up the same.

Also, as I've pointed out before; jumpsuits are very inconvenient for visiting these necessary fixtures.  You would think they had figured that out by the 22d century.

And in Genesis we saw Troi in a bathtub

Neelix on VOY was in a tub. Now if they have that , I hope they have the other. :blink:

I'm sure they have public restrooms as well as a bathroom in everyone's quarters. I've seen them from time to time. I've never seen a toilet, but I'm sure they've got them.

And why do you think Picard goes to his ready room so much? He's probably got a secret bathroom in there or something. That's why he never has to go. ^-^;; (Don't take that seriously.)

What I've always wondered if what if someone's in the shower and suddenly there's a red alert? What do they do?

I'm sure they have public restrooms as well as a bathroom in everyone's quarters.  I've seen them from time to time.  I've never seen a toilet, but I'm sure they've got them.

And why do you think Picard goes to his ready room so much?  He's probably got a secret bathroom in there or something.  That's why he never has to go.  ^-^;;  (Don't take that seriously.)

What I've always wondered if what if someone's in the shower and suddenly there's a red alert?  What do they do?

Um... Tell them there on their way, then try and rinse off, dry off, and get dressed, while being thrown arround as the ship shakes? :blink:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Click for Spoiler:

Okay gang, the only thing I see in my head right now is Picard, Kirk, or Janeway, sitting on the crapper trying to 'pinch a loaf', the alarms are screaming, the lights are flashing, and the bridge crew is wondering were the Captain is! "Hang..." grunt..."on!"..."hah!" Sorry for the vulgarity there. Do Vulcan's go the same way as humans? What about Klingons? Can you imagine Worf's toliet? :blink:

Katy

Oh gosh. I just got an image. You just got sick from Neelix's cooking. You're in the bathroom with an upset stomach... Red alert! The Borg are attacking! Then the ship rocks violently, you're throw... and well... That would be unpleasent. :blink:

Oh gosh.  I just got an image.  You just got sick from Neelix's cooking.  You're in the bathroom with an upset stomach...  Red alert!  The Borg are attacking!  Then the ship rocks violently, you're throw...  and well...  That would be unpleasent. :blink:

Or:

Click for Spoiler:

While you were on the toilet, a Borg comes in and assimilates you while you are trying to go? I wonder what the newly assimilated person's last thought would be? :)

As this thread has turned into a discussion of bodily functions which may offend some people I have made the decision to lock it.