Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Penguin Awareness Day

In case your calendar left this out - I thought you might want to know that January 15th is penguin awareness day.

Eagle Days are the 15th and 16th

January is Oatmeal Month and National Hot tea month

And let's not leave out Jan 31st is Bubble Wrap appreciation day.

Check out brownielocks for other interesting days of recognition

In case your calendar left this out - I thought you might want to know that January 15th is penguin awareness day.

Eagle Days are the 15th and 16th

295592[/snapback]

For the 15th:

Steve-Penguin1.jpg

As for Eagle Day, every day is Eagle Day for me :waaaa:

post-1-1104990539.jpg

I kind of like the sound of the Rid the World of fad Diets and Gimmicks Day (the 18th)

that one really sounds like a wonderful idea!!! But then again, for me it would sound good since I never have and never will go on a diet, fad or not. But I think the fad diets and other gimmicks are the cause of a lot of problems while attempting to solve another.

Fun at Work Day and Show And Tell at Work Day. Well those could get quite hilarious!! :waaaa: B) Knowing my coworkers and bosses... LOL!! We are a funny group of people actually, if everyone is in a good mood.

Some are quite funny and others are quite good. Thanks for sharing them :nono:

I kind of like the sound of the Rid the World of fad Diets and Gimmicks Day (the 18th)

that one really sounds like a wonderful idea!!!

295759[/snapback]

Wouldn't that be a gimmic in itself? :waaaa:

The problem would be, of course, agreeing on which diets are fads and which are not. I know two people who are on the Atkin's diet and both of them have lost a lot of weight. One of them used to be a vegan who now enjoys a good steak. The other one is a true success story. He went from being a Rush Limbaugh look-a-like to being a personal trainer in less than a year!

Jenny Craig, however, I have no respect for. I know two people who were on that diet for years. You don't want to talk about anything diet-related in their presence or you will get an earful of how wonderful a program it is. Neither one of them has lost a single pound but they swear by it!

that one really sounds like a wonderful idea!!!

295759[/snapback]

Wouldn't that be a gimmic in itself? :waaaa:

The problem would be, of course, agreeing on which diets are fads and which are not. I know two people who are on the Atkin's diet and both of them have lost a lot of weight. One of them used to be a vegan who now enjoys a good steak. The other one is a true success story. He went from being a Rush Limbaugh look-a-like to being a personal trainer in less than a year!

Jenny Craig, however, I have no respect for. I know two people who were on that diet for years. You don't want to talk about anything diet-related in their presence or you will get an earful of how wonderful a program it is. Neither one of them has lost a single pound but they swear by it!

295771[/snapback]

Yeah, Van Roy, you do have a point. What is a gimmick to one is a great idea to another.