Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston Separate

ET has confirmed that Hollywood super couple BRAD PITT and JENNIFER ANISTON have announced that they are separating.

"We would like to announce that after seven years together we have decided to formally separate," Brad and Jen said in a statement posted on People.com. "For those who follow these sorts of things, we would like to explain that our separation is not the result of any of the speculation reported by the tabloid media. This decision is the result of much thoughtful consideration. We happily remain committed and caring friends with great love and admiration for one another. We ask in advance for your kindness and sensitivity in the coming months."

Just recently Jen was photographed without her wedding ring and the tabloids ran rampant that the couple was having marital troubles. However, just this New Year's, Brad and Jen were spotted vacationing on the beautiful Caribbean island of Anguilla with "Friends" pal COURTENEY COX and her hubby DAVID ARQUETTE.

The former couple were married on July 29, 2000 in a lavish Malibu, CA, ceremony in front of family, friends and many of Hollywood's elite. The two actors have been extremely busy working on individual projects and have spent a lot of time apart recently as Jen worked on such films as 'Along Came Polly' and the upcoming 'Rumor Has It' with KEVIN COSTNER and Brad worked on such films as 'Troy,' 'Ocean's Twelve' and the upcoming 'Mr. and Mrs. Smith' with ANGELINA JOLIE.

I didn't realize they were only married for 4 years. With the way the media kept portraying them as this "perfect Hollywood couple" and compared almost all celebrity relationships to theirs, I thought they had been together and married longer than that.

Its not really surprising. Not many relationship last in the spot light.

considering that Hollywood marries for sex instead of love, I'm not surprised. :yahoo:

considering that Hollywood marries for sex instead of love, I'm not surprised. :lol:

295542[/snapback]

Yep and the fact the more you get your face on tv or in the papers the more work you get..its a form of advertising :yahoo: ...and isnt is strange they all say they will stay good friends untill one writes a book and then its like a cat fight :lol:

I don't know why people in Hollywood even bother getting married ...

Honestly, it would be better if everybody in the entertainment business made it a policy not to get involved with someone else in the entertainment business. How in the world can anyone make a marriage work when two separate people get together but cannot or will not change their focus/priorities from themselves as a star to themselves as part of a marriage partnership?

I'll bet there are 100s of gorgeous, unattached, young women out there working outside of Hollywood who would give up their entire lives/careers just to have Brad Pitt's children! LOL

Not all Hollywood marriages end so quickly. We don't hear about the good marriages of the actors/actresses who are not as famous as the Brad Pitts and Jennifer Anistons. But then most marriages aren't hyped as much as the Pitt/Aniston union.

Of course, the first examples I could think of regarding long term relationships are all couples who have been living together but haven't gotten married. lol

Those being

• Susan Saradon and Tim Robbins - 16 years
  • Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell - 22 years

Here are some long term marriages:

• Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward - 46 years
  • John Travolta and Kelly Preston - 23 years
  • Dan Akroyd and Donna Dixon - 21 years
  • Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson - 16 years
  • Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw - 13 years
  • Warren Beatty and Annette Bening - 12 years

Even some of the hyped marriages that broke up were pretty long term by society's standards today such as:

• Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman - 11 years
  • Bruce Willis and Demi Moore - 13 years

I didn't bother mentioning one celebrity marriages in Hollywood but there have been some very long ones.

You are so correct in what you have said in this post. The media is always interested in reporting the trials and tribulations of the rich and famous. And if the public wasn't so into this kind of gossip it would not be news at all. If you look across the board, long term marriages in the general public are becoming more of the exception to the rule also. I think it's really too bad that the private, personal tragedies of these people has become such a "big deal"...........Frankly I think it's a tragedy that these people can't have the kind of privacy that we do........And wouldn't we be upset if our personal information was head lines for everyone to read about. We aren't really that different from them. Many of us do some of the same kinds of things we accuse them of doing....It's just not front line news.

But just to add to the list you mentioned, Takara.....Denzel Washington and his wife also have been married for many years. George Burns and Gracie Allen were married for many years, and so was Jessica Tandy and her husband.

Not all Hollywood marriages end so quickly. We don't hear about the good marriages of the actors/actresses who are not as famous as the Brad Pitts and Jennifer Anistons. But then most marriages aren't hyped as much as the Pitt/Aniston union.

Of course, the first examples I could think of regarding long term relationships are all couples who have been living together but haven't gotten married. lol

Those being

•  
  • Susan Saradon and Tim Robbins - 16 years

• Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell - 22 years

Here are some long term marriages:

•  
  • Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward - 46 years

• John Travolta and Kelly Preston - 23 years

• Dan Akroyd and Donna Dixon - 21 years

• Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson - 16 years

• Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw - 13 years

• Warren Beatty and Annette Bening - 12 years

Even some of the hyped marriages that broke up were pretty long term by society's standards today such as:

•  
  • Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman - 11 years

• Bruce Willis and Demi Moore - 13 years

I didn't bother mentioning one celebrity marriages in Hollywood but there have been some very long ones.

295746[/snapback]