Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Upcoming Enterprise Episode

That sounds good, I'm looking forward to it but I worry ENT detractors will use it to further their cause for ENT to be cancelled on the grounds; if this happened then why was the Mirror Univ. unknown to Kirk and Co?

I think the premise of the episode is more of a documentary of the Mirror Universe, showing Enterprise's Terran Empire equivalent. I get the impression there will not be any contact between the universes.

If this was just Enterprise visiting the Mirror Universe, then why change the opening credits? As Coto has said they are planning to do.

Edit: I didn't realize the article said there would be an encounter, that's less encouraging.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Yeah I see that but you won't get them too, they're still whining about NX-01s appearance, its weaponry, Command structure, the Borg and Ferengi episodes, female Vulcan Pon Farr etc etc etc...

Yeah I see that but you won't get them too, they're still whining about NX-01s appearance, its weaponry, Command structure, the Borg and Ferengi episodes, female Vulcan Pon Farr etc etc etc...

295295[/snapback]

I hate that whining. The same people who whine about those things probably loved DS9's "Little Green Men". I didn't follow DS9 at the time. Did "purist" complain about that breaking canon.

If ENT is cancelled it is because no one is watching it - not because people don't like the direction it is taking (unless that is the reason no one is watching). In other words if those labeled "whiners" are watching it - they're keeping it on - not getting it cancelled. Because the ratings are all that matters.

As for this particular plot device - Coto has shown some creativity thus far this season so maybe he's got a way for it to all work out. It's not one of my favorite plot developments but I don't really care much about ENT at this point. Does that make me a whiner? Although you've failed to mention any of the things that have turned me off...

If ENT is cancelled it is because no one is watching it - not because people don't like the direction it is taking (unless that is the reason no one is watching).  In other words if those labeled "whiners" are watching it - they're keeping it on - not getting it cancelled.  Because the ratings are all that matters.

As for this particular plot device - Coto has shown some creativity thus far this season so maybe he's got a way for it to all work out.  It's not one of my favorite plot developments but I don't really care much about ENT at this point. Does that make me a whiner? Although you've failed to mention any of the things that have turned me off...

295403[/snapback]

UH, I have a feeling you don't watch Enterprise because it doesn't strike a cord with you. That's fine and it certainly doesn't make you a whiner. DS9, for example, didn't strike a cord with me but I don't post in the DS9 forum that "this, that or the other thing" made DS9 a terrible series that is responsible for destroying Trek. The example I gave of "Little Green Men" for instance, I saw that episode and enjoyed it. I've never seen anyone post at any boards I've been to complaining that DS9 broke canon with that episode because humans saw Ferengi in the mid-20th century. The humans in that episode didn't know the aliens they had captured were Ferengi, the same way Archer and the crew who saw them didn't know the aliens in Acquisition were Ferengi.

The other thing with whiners is they seem to base their whines on production reports and synopsis because the whining about an episode always starts weeks before it actually airs.

If ENT is cancelled it is because no one is watching it - not because people don't like the direction it is taking (unless that is the reason no one is watching). 

295403[/snapback]

I think one of the reasons people are not watching currently is because in most places Enterprise is aired Friday nght, and since we have had 4 to 5 weeks of reruns, they choose to do something else. I missed the last two weeks myself!

If ENT is cancelled it is because no one is watching it - not because people don't like the direction it is taking (unless that is the reason no one is watching). 

295403[/snapback]

I think one of the reasons people are not watching currently is because in most places Enterprise is aired Friday nght, and since we have had 4 to 5 weeks of reruns, they choose to do something else. I missed the last two weeks myself!

295496[/snapback]

Add to that the number of areas that UPN doesn't broadcast in and it's no wonder the ratings aren't better. In another thread in this forum, mfa_angelfire says he just got UPN in his area and Sam The Smuggler says he lost his UPN channel sometime between the series premiere and the end of season 2.

It would be nice if they could partially syndicate Enterprise. Sell it to individual stations in areas not covered by UPN with an out in the contract that if UPN enters the area the contract would end.

I think that the premise for the Mirror universe could be interesting, I always enjoyed those episodes in the other series, and I am sure that the writing staff can find a way to pull it off so that it does not disrupt the timeline.

I'll be looking forward to this new episode, it sounds very interesting. Coto has done some great things this season and has done a wonderful job tying in Enterprise with the other Star Trek series.

This show has become ,now more than ever, a show worthy of being part of the Star Trek universe. It is certainly just as good as TNG,DS9 and Voyager.

keeping my fingers crossed for a season5!

Sounds fabulous. I love Coto's direction for the series. If you do, here's the feedback form for UPN. Feel free to tell them you're watching every Friday night.

http://www.upn.com/info/feedback_form.shtml

I think the spoilers for "Divergence" have me the most exciting. I believe that is the episode where Trip pulls off

Click For Spoiler
the miracle of all time to help a sabotaged NX-01.
Great stuff. :laugh: Edited by MoulinRouge