Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

New Calendar inspired by Star Trek?

I agree. I hate the calendar we have right now. Were I some alien coming to observe Earth, I would all but give up because of the confusing dating system. Then of course difference religions have different holidays at seemingly random points in the year... I like the idea of the fixed calendar much better.

I agree. I hate the calendar we have right now. Were I some alien coming to observe Earth, I would all but give up because of the confusing dating system. Then of course difference religions have different holidays at seemingly random points in the year... I like the idea of the fixed calendar much better.

294602[/snapback]

it's not random.

The Christian calendar is the same as the gregorian. The Muslim is lunar and started with first Hajj led by Muhammad. Chinese new year is also lunar. I think most cultures actually use lunar.

Well, you can't have a "one Earth calendar" as far as holidays because different countries don't celebrate the same holidays. Indeed, in the US some states have state holidays that other states don't have. And if the date is a commemoration of a historic event like July 4th, or November 11 you can't really change those. If you eliminate holidays and replace them with meaningless celebrations such as winter festival, spring festival you lose a lot of cultural history and identity.

Personally, I think having Christmas on Sunday every year is a horrible idea.

If Christmas and New Years were on Sundays then my birthday would fall on a Wednesday. I don't mind a weekday birthday once in a while, but every year?