Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

WOOHOO!WHEEEEEEEEEEE!

IM SO EXCITED! IM GONNA GET THIS COMPUTER ON FRIDAY PROBABLY!!!!! ITS A PEICE OF CRAP, BUT ITS MY PEICE OF CRAP. ITS A IBM AND NEEDS A MEMORY CHIP, BUT OH WELL!!!!!!!WHOOOOOO

Just wanted to let you know that.

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

If you don't have a computer now, how have you been posting on this board? Have you been using something at school?

My husband is a teacher and we have inherited so many usable computers from his schools over the years ... yeah they're outdated and pieces of junk, but they were free. We gave one to my mom, his mom, his sister, his brother, my brother ... now everyone is up and running on the internet and isn't that really all that matters to some people? None of them care that the computers are 5 or more years old, they just wanted something to surf the web with and not have to fork out $1000 or more for a new computer.

Good for you, my lord!

Free is always a great price for a computer, even if it is outdated. I get alot of free ones given to me, either whole computers or parts. Many times the computers may not even work when I first get them but I usually just take the ones that are not working and put the working parts together to make one that does then give them to friends that do not have a working computer for themselves or their children so that they have one, I have always believed that a working piece of junk is always better than nothing.

Free is always a great price for a computer, even if it is outdated.  I get alot of free ones given to me, either whole computers or parts.  Many times the computers may not even work when I first get them but I usually just take the ones that are not working and put the working parts together to make one that does then give them to friends that do not have a working computer for themselves or their children so that they have one, I have always believed that a working piece of junk is always better than nothing.

294637[/snapback]

And even a hardware-challenged person like myself can install upgrades. lol

Free is always a great price for a computer, even if it is outdated.  I get alot of free ones given to me, either whole computers or parts.  Many times the computers may not even work when I first get them but I usually just take the ones that are not working and put the working parts together to make one that does then give them to friends that do not have a working computer for themselves or their children so that they have one, I have always believed that a working piece of junk is always better than nothing.

294637[/snapback]

That is exactly what my brother does. I have done so to a point as well.

I finally have a fully brand new computer, monitor and all...but over a period of a couple months(meaning the computer first, then the monitor a little later, and then accessories). This is my first fully brand new store bought computer....well, save for my keyboard which is from my old one. All previous ones I have had since I was young were put together from spare parts or were hand me downs.

But a free computer is still good, especially since you can always make improvements on it later on.

I am glad for you , and concur with the wise observations above that if it works, or can be made to work, or can be improved, that's good enough!

considering that RAM is dirt-cheap compared to other hardware, you should be fine. oh and congrats!!!