Sign in to follow this  
He Who Shall Not Be Named

Jack in the Box

OK, after a very good bottle of wine tonight I went to the Jack in the Box down the street. Where there used to be a sign for the #1 combo, which was 2 Monster Tacos and fries and a drink, there were the prices for small, medium, and large combos. I asked the guy at the register what happened to the #1 and he said "No more, sir." Just like that, they cancelled the combo. Yet there wasn't a different #1 combo in it's place, they now start at #2.

Now it may seem weird, but the chicken sandwiches you get at Arby's are better than the chicken you get at KFC and the tacos you get at Jack in the Box are better than the tacos you get at Taco Bell. You can walk and eat with Jack in the Box tacos which is something you can't do with Taco Bell tacos because one bite and the whole thing falls apart. Plus the hot sauce is better.

Anyway, I'm really PO'd that in my drunken stupor I couldn't simply say "Gimme a #1 to go" and be done with it. I would now have to say "Gimme 2 Monster Tacos, a fries, and a Coke." Of course I didn't say that, I just ordered a #8. Bu if I really wanted what used to be a #1 I would hae to order each thing individually and probably pa $.20 more for it.

Anyay, is the #1 Monster Taco combo cancelled where you are too?

The first time I have seen a Jack in the Box was in Hawaii. The meal was good.

I think Jack in the Box is a West Coast (Western States) business.

293730[/snapback]

We have it here in Texas. That's more central.

B) Here in Indiana , there is no Jack In The Box.

But we do have a Taco Bell and Arbys. B)