Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Twilight Zone v Outer Limits

Which is the better show?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better show?

• The Twilight Zone
    • The Outer Limits

When voting please remember that this poll is only refering the original shows and not the remakes of the 80s and 90s.

These are two of my favourite shows and it is very hard to chose, but I believe the Twilight Zone manages to focus on physiological aspects of humanity which I find fascinating.

The original version of the Twilight Zone was much better then The Outter Limits and managed to scare me much more. CJP..you can still catch the UPN version on tv in syndication.

The original version of the Twilight Zone was much better then The Outter Limits and managed to scare me much more. CJP..you can still catch the UPN version on tv in syndication.

Really? UPN's allready pulled it from it's tv schedule. :)

Guest Ktrek

I'm assuming we are talking about the classic episodes of these shows and not the terribly done re-incarnations? If so then my vote is for Twilight Zone. It was a more psychological thriller show. Outer Limits was more horror/scifi. I like shows that mess with your mind. However, I really do like Outer Limits also just in a different way.

Ktrek

wasn't the 'outer limits' the cheesy-copy of 'twilight zone' in it's time? - anyway, twilight zone all the way, i can't believe i'm taht young - ps. i like the new 'outer limits' better than the new 'twilight', FYI...

I agree with Ktrek, TZ was the better show. OL was more along the lines of scifi/horror where as TZ was a 'thinker'.

I like 'thinking outside the box' and any show or book that can make me say 'hummmm, it could be possible' I'm all for it! :)

Katy

voted for the zone, but I wanted to mention that I enjoy the remake of OL more than I do then the TZ. It's actually pretty entertaining to watch and remind me of short films rather then one hour TV. Don't ask me what the difference is I just sense it sometimes.

I'm assuming we are talking about the classic episodes of these shows and not the terribly done re-incarnations? If so then my vote is for Twilight Zone. It was a more psychological thriller show. Outer Limits was more horror/scifi. I like shows that mess with your mind. However, I really do like Outer Limits also just in a different way.

Ktrek

Yes, we are talking about the originals in the 50s/60s, and not the remakes of the last 20 years.

Personally I think the Twilight Zone is the better of the two, but I still like the original Outer Limits and it is one of my favourite shows. I also liked the new Outer Limits of the 90s but it was not as good at the original because I think the 50s and 60s was much more chaotic and interesting time that inspired people to create these shows.

I also found the new Twilight Zone (2002) a bit tired before it had even begun. I also found the fellow who played Serling's part as the narrator, did not fit in, I think someone like Kevin Spacey with his monotone voice, has the distinctive attributes to successfully put it off.

I Personally liked The Twilight Zone better.

This belongs in the HOLODECK (originally in Off Topic)

I think the reason I like twighlight zone better, is because of the irony. I think of outer limits as being more strange creatures, and scarier, but twighlightzone, although it is sometimes like that, has interesting twists at the end which make you think.

I think the twilight zone is insightfull and dark, twisted and masterfull, it truly is one of the best TV shows everymade. Every episode had its own theme, and they were so individual and detailed. With just the right amount of foreshadowing and just the right amount of fear, with that plot line that captured you so you couldn't stop watching, Now with the outerlimits, I could go to get a drink in the commercial break and forget I was watching it..... :rolleyes:

Voted the Twilight Zone, I love it when Sci-Fi has its marathons.....except, the episode An Occurance At Owl Creek Bridge. Ack! Couldnt stand reading that one in Composition III, and I really dont know why....the episode bugs me too... :( :clap:

Voted the Twilight Zone, I love it when Sci-Fi has its marathons.....except, the episode An Occurance At Owl Creek Bridge. Ack! Couldnt stand reading that one in Composition III, and I really dont know why....the episode bugs me too... :clap:  :(

I don't know if you already know this but An Occurance At Owl Creek Bridge was actually an independant short film that originally had nothing to do with The Twilight Zone. OK it is very different in format but visually it is stunning and the ending actually has a very disturbing effect.

I voted for the Twilight Zone. That was definately the better show..I certainly liked it better...Better stories..

Voted the Twilight Zone, I love it when Sci-Fi has its marathons.....except, the episode An Occurance At Owl Creek Bridge. Ack! Couldnt stand reading that one in Composition III, and I really dont know why....the episode bugs me too... :clap:  :(

I don't know if you already know this but An Occurance At Owl Creek Bridge was actually an independant short film that originally had nothing to do with The Twilight Zone. OK it is very different in format but visually it is stunning and the ending actually has a very disturbing effect.

hmmmm, I had always thought it was a part of the series, because it was seen with a few episodes of TZ on the video we rented at the library when I was a little bit younger...gotta see if I can find that tape, if they still have it(they updated our public library a couple years ago)