Sign in to follow this  
jdigs

Time's Arrow

I know that in this ep, the federation were excavating the land that Data's head was found in..but is it entirly unconceivable that maybe it was come across at some point before being found by Picard and all? Maybe there is a story there?

In Time's Arrow the person who was briefing Picard and Data said that they had confirmed that no one had been in the caverns in centuries so I don't think anyone would have come across it before.

In Time's Arrow the person who was briefing Picard and Data said that they had confirmed that no one had been in the caverns in centuries so I don't think anyone would have come across it before.

C'mon! What if?? I think it would make for a great story!

Ok what if. What if he had not been unconscious for all those years, what would he have been thinking? Would he have gone insane? I would have!

Ok what if. What if he had not been unconscious for all those years, what would he have been thinking? Would he have gone insane? I would have!

An insane Data. Now there is a good story.

OK, so how'd I know that someone would bring that possible storyline up? :) B) I guess it was inevitable...

I agree with Takara, the person said that his head was undisturbed for centuries, so it was highly unlikely that anyone would find him.. OK, point to ponder, given humanity's love of the unknown and love for the thrill of the hunt...why hadn't they excavated that area long ago. I know that probably by the time of the 24th century the Earth would have been thouroughly examined by then, but still, they found that cavern now didn't they?? And undisturbed for 5 centuries, half a millenia...Seems strange to me, maybe that is the scientist in me speaking here B)

OK, so how'd I know that someone would bring that possible storyline up? :) B) I guess it was inevitable...

I agree with Takara, the person said that his head was undisturbed for centuries, so it was highly unlikely that anyone would find him.. OK, point to ponder, given humanity's love of the unknown and love for the thrill of the hunt...why hadn't they excavated that area long ago. I know that probably by the time of the 24th century the Earth would have been thouroughly examined by then, but still, they found that cavern now didn't they?? And undisturbed for 5 centuries, half a millenia...Seems strange to me, maybe that is the scientist in me speaking here B)

I have to agree that is seems a little strange that the area had not been explored for that long of a period of time. I would have loved to have seen the look on the scientists' faces when they found Data's head in the area though. :)

OK, so how'd I know that someone would bring that possible storyline up? :) :) I guess it was inevitable...

I have to agree that is seems a little strange that the area had not been explored for that long of a period of time. I would have loved to have seen the look on the scientists' faces when they found Data's head in the area though. B)

Hehe, yeah, that would have been great.. "What the HELL is that???" :)

I think when we consider time travel stories you can easily make up a loop hole or create an additional story-line. There are very few limits of what you can do in a time travel plot.

For example,

In ST 4 we had Pavel leave his weapon behind and just that I think actually expanded to book. (Note: I have not read this book) That’s the thing with time travel. The possibilities are really endless and so are the paradoxes that can derived from that story line it self.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Ok, it's simple: when you travel through time, you are basically in control of people's destinies. If you don't like someone, you can deny them existence by preventing their parents from meeting. S-I-M-P-L-E!!

Ok, it's simple: when you travel through time, you are basically in control of people's destinies. If you don't like someone, you can deny them existence by preventing their parents from meeting. S-I-M-P-L-E!!

LOL

If only it was that simple. A couple of dozen paradoxes would arrive just because of doing that “simple task”.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

And you have tried altering the timeline, I assume??? I say this because you said it was fun.

:bow: Just kidding, it seems simple to change the future of everyone(I hate the phrase changing history, since the history was once the future that has now been written down. You can't change history, only the future....because our history, is a person's future)...but it really is not simple as master_q has stated.