Sign in to follow this  
jdigs

Bruce Almighty

Anyone seen this flic yet..I saw it yesterday...anyone want to share their thoughts?

I haven't seen it but I heard it recieved bad reviews.

This topic belongs in the HOLODECK (previously in Off Topic)

This was a great movie!

Not really spoilers, but just to be safe...

Click for Spoiler:

It had a great story to tell, and great morals, but achieved that through humor and great acting. Jim Carrey was very funny, but I could sense the feeling of lonlieness and sadness in him. Morgan Freeman was great as usual. Jennifer Aniston performed wonderfully. I can't review movies, so I'll let other people review, and then I'll either agree or disagree.

~Conor

This topic belongs in the HOLODECK (previously in Off Topic)

Sorry..I won't argue with that decision simply because it won't get me anywhere. As far as my review goes I agree with Romantic Strings. It does not make fun of god but shows what it might be like to be him. Some funny parts..I wish Carrey would just let it all out again.

i don't think god minds us having a laugh, 'cause where else did humour come from, but i'm not seeing the movie anyway - Jim Carrey has no talent for characterization; he can only play one, and that's all he's ever been able to do - i think he's made enough money of the one joke, ya know? and, to be frank, he's spending it all on his nose - not cool - a thumbs down from me for Ace Ventura part 16...

- Jim Carrey has no talent for characterization; he can only play one, and that's all he's ever been able to do - i think he's made enough money of the one joke, ya know? and, to be frank, he's spending it all on his nose - not cool - a thumbs down from me for Ace Ventura part 16

I liked The Majestic...I thought he did a pretty decent job.

After reading these reviews I still don't know exactly what the movie is about. Though I admit the television previews give the impression of being sacrilegious.

This movie is far from making fun of God. If anything, it refrshed my love and belief in God, and I have always been a staunch Catholic. It shows God's power and love and what He can do with those. Most of the time it mainly shows what it'd be like with His powers and using them to one's own benefit, but the most important part of the film is what God is all about. I love this film. I find no mockery of God in it, but, rather, faith in and love of God. That's my take on it, at least.

~Conor

I think I'm going to go see it on friday, I'll tell you my opinion of it then if I do. So far it seems theres a lot of different views, its probably the kind of movie where either you love it or you hate it.

Maaahh when it comes out on DVD I will rent it I only pay full price for a few movies, and it doesn't offend me or anything, but my interest isant too piqued. I'd rather see X-men. I've already seen the Matrix. :rolleyes:

i don't think god minds us having a laugh, 'cause where else did humour come from, but i'm not seeing the movie anyway - Jim Carrey has no talent for characterization; he can only play one, and that's all he's ever been able to do - i think he's made enough money of the one joke, ya know? and, to be frank, he's spending it all on his nose - not cool - a thumbs down from me for Ace Ventura part 16...

You really should see The Truman Show. He was excellent in that, Ace Ventura on the other hand never struck my funny bone. The Mask was great too.

I haven't seen Bruce Almighty yet but my brother (Bruce) did and he loved it. In my family we were raised first in the Catholic church and then moved to the Baptist church, he (my brother) didn't mention any thing that indicated ridicule of God or religion.

It's easy to "judge a book by it's cover" but to get the full story you have to open it and see what's on the pages.

I could see religious types objecting to the film, but it could be funny...

I watched it and there are points that I about rolled on the floor laughing. It was REALLY funny!

It also can give a bit of understanding of what it would be like to have the responsibility of answering prayers.

What do you say yes to and what do you say no to and how will that affect the people?