Sign in to follow this  
WEAREBORG4102

IS THIS RIGHT?

We have 1519 registered members

Most users ever online was 533 on Dec 12 2004, 07:29 PM

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?!?!

Well, there are users from all over the world. They're not all operating on the same time-zone. When people in Russia (for example) are awake and logged on, most of us Americans are asleep. And vice-versa. Plus if you take into account peoples school and work schedules, I'd say those numbers make perfect sense.

Yeah, its very possible. There are members around the world so it is possible that many members where on that day.

It says users, not members, WAB. VBG has some stuff on this message board for Philadelphia Eagles fans, and a lot of them log on as guests to use that. If you have ever been logged on and seen a HUGE number of guests, they are often Eagles fans.

While I do not know whether or not the top number is actually 533, I do know we have had several days with a huge number of guests.

It says users, not members, WAB.  VBG has some stuff on this message board for Philadelphia Eagles fans, and a lot of them log on as guests to use that. If you have ever been logged on and seen a HUGE number of guests, they are often Eagles fans.

While I do not know whether or not the top number is actually 533, I do know we have had several days with a huge number of guests.

290197[/snapback]

Well, the number is actually 533. You can check that by scrolling down to the bottom of the main page, the one that shows all the main forums.

And I don't think that all that many Eagles fans will pop in stf.net to post a comment, basically because I'm sure there's forums devoted to the Eagles where they can do that. I doubt that the Eagle are the only team liked by stf.net members. Some of those users might have been Eagles fans, but usually when there's lots of people, it's us Trekkies.

I know that there have been days that we had alot of the eagles fans on the boards, and keep in mind that number does not mean that the people posted anything, just that they were here, so there is not really any certain way to determine who they are without being able to see what they were viewing, but I know that VBG has said that many of the days that had high numbers were a result of the Eagles.

Here is to hoping that the Eagles win the super bowl.

And I don't think that all that many Eagles fans will pop in stf.net to post a comment, basically because I'm sure there's forums devoted to the Eagles where they can do that. I doubt that the Eagle are the only team liked by stf.net members. Some of those users might have been Eagles fans, but usually when there's lots of people, it's us Trekkies.

290203[/snapback]

No, it is not us trekkies... The response I gave to WAB stands, and was an answer from an informed moderator.

As ddillard pointed out, wishfire, we are passing on info that was given to the moderators by VBG. We have never had 533 members on the board at one time. The largest number of members on at one time was probably in the 50's. That I do not remember.

And you can just check, since the portal page, and other sites here, list the number of guests. There have been really big numbers.

VBG is a dedicated Eagles fan, and he has stuff here on this site for Eagles fans. He doesn't have stuff for Carolina!

Here is to hoping that the Eagles win the super bowl.

I am still partial to the Cardiac Cats! :biggrin:

You are right there, wishfire. There are fans of other teams on this site.