Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Nana in possible 2005 TV Show

Nana Visitor Films TV Pilot:

Nana Visitor is shooting a telefilm that is being looked at as a backdoor pilot titled Wildfire for Lions Gate Television.  Wildfire focuses on a teenaged girl that has recently been released from a detention center.  Her natural skills with horses help to improve her outlook on life.  Gunsmoke and McCloud actor Dennis Weaver also appears in the telefilm.

NANA IN NEW PILOT

Yahoo/Variety announced that Nana has been cast in the pilot for a potential new series, 'Wildfire.' The pilot started filming in Albuquerque, N.M, on November 21. If the pilot is picked up, 'Wildfire' would debut on television in 2005.

Here's to hoping it does well.. :laugh:

I would be so happy to see her on television again in a major role. Kira is one of my favorite ST characters ever and I would be very happy for Nana if she is able to get another long run on a t.v. series.

Here's hoping. If you get any concrete info on when and what channel, please keep us all updated.

Edited by gul_nodrog

Here's hoping.  If you get any concrete info on when and what channel, please keep us all updated.

287595[/snapback]

I'll post more information about it as it becomes available.. At the very least we should be able to see Nana in a TV pilot.. :assimilated:

'WILDFIRE' PICKED UP BY ABC FAMILY

Per Variety, Nana's pilot has been picked up for a series on ABC Family:

Posted: Sun., Mar. 27, 2005, 10:00pm PT

ABC Family sparks to 'Wildfire' drama

Cabler orders up 11 eps

By DENISE MARTIN

ABC Family has greenlit its second scripted drama, "Wildfire." Cabler ordered production on 11 one-hour episodes in addition to the two-hour pilot, which will serve as the premiere, from Lions Gate TV.

"Wildfire" revolves around 18-year-old Kris (Genevieve Cortese), a troubled teen who attempts to set her life straight when she finds work on the ranch of her foster family.

Project had previously been developed at the WB as a potential series but was reworked into a two-hour movie after moving to ABC Family (Daily Variety, Oct. 13). Execs changed their minds after screening the finished product.

Weekly series will bow with the two-hour telepic June 20.

Lions Gate TV will produce the show, with Michael Piller and Lloyd Segan ("The Dead Zone") exec producing. Michael and Shawn Piller wrote the pilot script directed by Steve Miner.

Since his arrival last April, ABC Family topper Paul Lee has been making a big push into the scripted arena, focusing on shows that embrace the diversity and dysfunction of modern families. Last month (Daily Variety, Feb. 8), he commissioned the cabler's first original drama, "Beautiful People," from Michael Rauch (CBS' "Love Monkey") and Paul Stupin ("Dawson's Creek").

Execs hope "Wildfire" and "Beautiful People" capitalize on the loyal following of off-net hours "Gilmore Girls" and "Smallville." "Gilmore" averages 1.3 million viewers in its weekday airings and has scored some of ABC Family's best 18-49 numbers.

:) :blush: :)

Nanavision

Is that THE Michael Piller?

Or someone with the same name?

Yeah, I noticed that too..I don't know..I'd like to think it's THE Michael Piller!

I'm 99% positive it's the same guy; I remember it being a pretty big story in the Trek world when he went to work on "Dead Zone."

Edit: ^As you already found out...

^

Cool.. :blush:

The cast of Wildfire.

Click For Spoiler

Pictured Left to Right; Back Row (standing): Shawn Piller (producer), Shannon Robinson (New Mexico State Senator), “Wildfire” (the horse), Greg Serano (plays Pablo Betart), Genevieve Cortese (plays Kris Furillo), Nana Visitor (plays Jean Ritter), Andrew Hoeft (plays Todd Ritter), Micah Alberti (plays Matt Ritter), Dennis Weaver (plays Hentry Ritter), Nicole Tubiola (plays Dani Davis), Ryan Sypek (plays Junior Davis), Shanna Collins (plays Amber), and James Read (plays Ken Davis). Front Row (sitting): Lloyd Segan and Michael Piller (executive producers).

Official Press Release:

ABC FAMILY PICKS UP ITS SECOND ORIGINAL SCRIPTED SERIES

13 Hours Are Ordered of "Wildfire" (Working Title)

Production from Lions Gate Television Introduces Genevieve Cortese

in an Ensemble Cast Featuring Dennis Weaver

Burbank, CA (March 28, 2005) – ABC Family has picked up its second scripted series, ordering 11 one-hour episodes (plus the two-hour movie premiere) of WILDFIRE (working title), it was announced today by Paul Lee, president, ABC Family. Starring an ensemble cast featuring gifted newcomer Genevieve Cortese, the series will air this summer following the two-hour premiere. The drama, produced by Lions Gate Television in association with Piller² and The Segan Company, centers on the struggles of a teenage girl (Cortese) to turn her life around. The film also stars veteran actor Dennis Weaver ("McCloud"), Greg Serano (“Kingpin”), Nana Visitor (“Star Trek: Deep Space Nine”) and Micah Alberti ("All My Children").

"'Wildfire' was slated for us as an original movie," said Lee. "After seeing the first cut, there was no doubt that it would make a great series for us."

“We’re delighted to be moving forward with ABC Family on this series,” said Kevin Beggs, president, programming & production, Lions Gate Television. “We couldn’t have better creative partners in this venture than Michael Piller, Shawn Piller and Lloyd Segan, and we believe the show will strongly appeal to ABC Family’s audience.”

WILDFIRE follows eighteen-year-old Kris Furillo (Cortese) who, after serving time at a teen detention center, is given the opportunity to start a new life. Her talent with horses is recognized by a volunteer and local trainer (Serano), who arranges a job for her at the Ritter's family run ranch. Thrown into a completely new environment, Kris must learn to deal with the challenges of fitting in, while trying not to disappoint the one family willing to give her a chance. The Ritters are facing challenges of their own even as they reach out to help Kris. Patriarch Henry Ritter (Weaver) and his daughter Jean (Visitor) are in a critical stage of their battle to save the ranch from financial ruin.

WILDFIRE is produced by Lions Gate Television in association with Piller² and The Segan Company. Michael Piller (“The Dead Zone,” "Star Trek: The Next Generation," "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine," "Star Trek: Voyager") and Lloyd Segan (“The Dead Zone,” "The Bachelor," "Boondock Saints," "Bones") are executive producers. The two-hour pilot, which will kick off the series, was produced by Preston Fischer ("Las Vegas," "Living With The Dead") and directed by Steve Miner ("North Shore," "Smallville") from a teleplay by Michael Piller and Shawn Piller (“The Dead Zone,” "Star Trek: The Next Generation," "Star Trek: Voyager") and story by Michael Piller and Christopher Teague. Rounding out the ensemble cast are Andrew Hoeft, James Read, Ryan Sypek and Nicole Tubiola.

Lions Gate Television is the television production and distribution arm of Lions Gate Entertainment (NYSE: LGF; TSX). With a total of five series on the air or scheduled to air shortly, the company is continuing its strategy of being an important supplier of content to cable and broadcast networks. Lions Gate Entertainment is the premier independent producer and distributor of motion pictures, television programming, home entertainment, family entertainment and video-on-demand content. Its prestigious and prolific library of approximately 8000 titles is one of the largest in the entertainment industry. The Lions Gate brand name is synonymous with original, daring, quality entertainment in markets around the world.

Distributed in over 88 million homes, ABC Family features original movies, series and specials. Programming that is reflective of today's families – with all of their diversity, dysfunction, humor and passion. Real stories. Real families. Real heart.

Nanavision

Someone looks familiar...

Wasn't James Reed (or whoever the guy on the far right is) Janeway's boyfriend in "Workforce"?

Otherwise, good for Nana.

Someone looks familiar...

Wasn't James Reed (or whoever the guy on the far right is) Janeway's boyfriend in "Workforce"?

Otherwise, good for Nana.

313127[/snapback]

Yes, that was James Read in workforce. Some people might remember him as Patrick Swayze's best friend (and Jonathan Frakes brother) in the mini series North and South.

ABC family is a cable network - so less exposure than the broadcast networks (well maybe not since UPN is considered a network) still - glad she's got a job. I really like her.

Yeah, I agree its really odd seeing Nana with blond hair. :blush: If I have the time I will watch the show.

It's odd seeing Nana Visitor with blonde hair... I'm used to her as Kira though.

313135[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree its really odd seeing Nana with blond hair.  :)    If I have the time I will watch the show.

313153[/snapback]

It was odd for me at first to see her with blonde hair in the second season of Dark Angel but now having watch my DVD boxset about a dozen times I have gotten used to it. So it woun't be so odd to me.

Jessica