Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Yahoo Goofed ~

OR SOMEONE DID. :nono: Read this, I found it when I Yahooed myself.........

Connecting with your computer

- Human-computer interaction and Artificial Intelligence

Introduction:

"Computer, this is capitain Jeanway. Abort the self-distruction sequence. Authorization code, 89453432..."

"Voice, confirmed. Authorization code, confirmed. Abort the self-distruction sequence...Unable to comply, System malefunction..."

BANG!!!

If you are a treker, you will undoubtly recognize the above conversation. Yes, it is from StarTrek, a television series spawned by one of the most popular science fiction of the century. However, if you simply have not heard of "StarTrek", do not worry because we only need to know that the above is a human-computer interaction, which is hopefully to happen in the future ( except for the "BANG" part). Actually, a conversation as simple as the above between the human and the computer is far more difficult for today's technology to archieve you may have imagined. It involves speech recognition, natural language understanding, Artificial intelligence, and natural voice output, all of which are topics in the study of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI). Simply put, Human-Computer Interaction is a interdisciplinary study of how humans interact with computers, which includes user interface design, human perception and cognitive science, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual reality. With the explosive growth of raw computing power and accompany technologies, computers become essential to everyday life, and because of this, HCI, the science of how human interacts with computers attracts more and more attension these days. In this article, we will talk about its history and background, its current development, the obstacles lying ahead, and its future direction.

That's why I use Google. I googled you Jeanway and the first thing listed was your profile here at STF. The only sites which had Captain Jeanway in them that were listed were not in English.

I like google better. More pages searched. More dependable search with built in boolian...