Sign in to follow this  
tbree_dVelnahr

Rules for Posting Fan Fic

I was wondering what the rules were regarding posting a bit of fan fic at this site. I imagine a disclaimer at the top is needed? Is there any length restrictions? Also, does one simply copy and paste it in here or is there another method? Help in this matter is appreciated. Thank you.

T'Bree

From what I understand only people who can write in that particular story are those that the original Topic Starter invites. People just can't or don't go in and post if they feel like it. I haven't really researched this but I have written a couple of stories with a few other people in there. Just got to keep it clean. You still have to follow the site rules.

Thanks, but I wasn't asking about adding to anybody else's story. I was asking about the rules to posting my own fanfic in here. I'm currently redrafting a TOS fanfic and wanted to know what restrictions are placed at this site when posting stories. Some places have rules on the length of the post, for example.

T'Bree

Honestly, I don't think there are any rules about length. Just post what you have. I guess if anyone has a problem with it they'll let you know, I guess. :rolleyes:

I started a fan fic here last year sometime. I also started it at another board, both with the intentions of a rolling story with multiple input. I wanted to see how the 2 stories that started out the same way would end on 2 different boards. It got finished at the other board, and its rather long. I'm thinking about posting it here. I have a question though...There are a couple curse words in it. (maybe 3 tops in a 32 chapter story) Would I have to edit them out?

It is a new ship and crew, and an epic confrontation between the Federation, a rogue admiral, the Romulans, and with Section 31 "involved" It takes place after the Dominion War.

Want me to post it?

Its the length of a regular Star Trek book.