Sign in to follow this  
dsbs

Janeway or Picard

Who did you think was the better captain?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think was the better captain?

• Janeway
    • Picard

Nah.......Kirk went commando...... :lol:

Easier access for the random beautiful alien women on apparently every planet. :lol:

I chose Picard, because where there's a Picard, a Riker follows....Chakotay is hot, but seriously, why the hell is Mr. "I had Star Fleet and Cardassians on my Maquis ship and had no effing clue" first officer over Tuvok?

That decision in and of itself makes me question Janeway's leadership skills.

Nah.......Kirk went commando...... :lol:

Easier access for the random beautiful alien women on apparently every planet. :lol:

I chose Picard, because where there's a Picard, a Riker follows....Chakotay is hot, but seriously, why the hell is Mr. "I had Star Fleet and Cardassians on my Maquis ship and had no effing clue" first officer over Tuvok?

That decision in and of itself makes me question Janeway's leadership skills.

Chakotay was picked because he and i resemble each other and it was Janeway's personal philosophy that handsome officers always become first officer both in her heart and on her ship

Edited by GhostofMajorHayes

Chakotay was picked because he and i resemble each other and it was Janeway's personal philosophy that handsome officers always become first officer both in her heart and on her ship

But not in her bed, apparently.

Let's not even get me STARTED on how she kept from tapping Chakotay for seven effing years...the woman has the restraint of a monk. :lol:

This is a difficult one.

For many years, I've stated that Janeway is my favorite captain and Picard is my second favorite. But in recent years I've begun to appreciate Picard even more.

If we only count seasons 1-3 of Voyager, I would vote for Janeway. But if we also include seasons 4-7, then Picard gets my vote because Janeway became a bit irrational in those seasons (blame it on bad writing).

But never mind, I vote for Janeway, just of old affection. But it's a close call.

Janeway fought the Borg to the very end(her assimilation). Even then, she still fought them. She did more things than picard could only dream of.

Though my personal favorite-shocker-between them is Kathryn, I would be glad to know Jean-Luc Picard was running the show, if I were to find myself on the Big E...and if I were hearing we were about to re-engage the Borg, or face a sudden assault by an unknown alien armada!

The BORG, when did the Borg get involved, and btw Seven had more knowladge about them then Picard did, she was Borg most of her life, Picard was Borg what, a few weeks at most?

Picard...there were times I questioned Janeways mental stability.

MENTAL STABILITY, you are a cardassian! Have you forgoten the STARGAZER incident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about mental stability, but she did seem less stable at times. Stable from a command standpoint, not a mental standpoint. For Janeway and Voyager fans, don't take that as an insult to her character. It was just the way she was written and for the most part it worked. If I had all of my Star Trek knowledge ahead of time and was given a choice to serve with Picard or Janeway though it'd probably be Picard.

Given a broader choice that included Sisko though, it'd be Sisko.