Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

How would you Rate "The Forge"?

What rating would you give "The Forge" out of 10?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Forge" out of 10?

I gave the episode a 9.5.

Click For Spoiler

if you check out the section at startrek.com about aliens, they talks about the physical differences of the alien species on ST. they mention the double eyelid...the heart...etc. it was nice to see this in an episode.

did they not mention this before in TOS or other series? any info...

thanks...chimei :frusty:

Question

Click For Spoiler

282524[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

I gave the episode a 9.5.

Click For Spoiler

282497[/snapback]

I gave it a 9.5 for exactly the same reason.

Click For Spoiler
This is good stuff to me! I can't wait till next week, but I have to convince my relatives to watch it, because I may still be visiting relatives for Thanksgiving.

Stardate:214877.9

Click For Spoiler
Very good episode indeed. Gave us some more insight into the vulcans and their history which was nice.I also agree that it's cool that they are tying it into TOS and TNG. I was a little suprised by the Admiral's death though.I liked his character and I'd hoped we would of seen him at the forming of the Federation but it looks like thats not going to happed. I can see why they killed him though, made a good story.I also liked how we are seeing more and more of the mind meld.Also thought it was cool they referenced STII when he said "Remember" after transfering his Katra to Archer.

Can't wait for the next two episodes.

8/10

Edited by Goose

I gave it an 8.

Click For Spoiler
I liked the overall story but my main gripe (as usual) is that a bit of this is nothing new such as the Katra ect.. One question I would like answered and I hope will be, is the reason Kirk and his generation didn't know anything about the transferral of the Katra 130 years later? Maybe Archer was sworn to secrecy?
Edited by Admiral Kirk

Guest Mike_Hines01

I liked this episode and I'm looking forward to the rest of the arc. The only thing that got me down was that

Click For Spoiler
they killed off Admiral Forrest, I thought he was a good character and I liked him.
This episode gets a 9.5 from me. Edited by Mike_Hines01

I gave it an 8.
Click For Spoiler

282743[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

Question

Click For Spoiler

282524[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

Gawd how I loved "The Forge." I gave it a 10. I always wanted more episodes done on the Vulcans (and Romulans) and this was close to perfection. The rest of my comments I'll put as spoilers just in case people haven't seen it yet.

Click For Spoiler

Loved that someone remembered that Vulcans have an inner eyelid (TOS: Operation: Annihilate!). And they finally get it that Humans aren't as strong or have the stamina to keep up with Vulcans (especially ON Vulcan). Hello, desert planet... thin atmosphere. Bones was complaining about it in TOS: Amok Time saying that Kirk couldn't possibly compete with Spock in the Kalifee (sp?) part of Kun Ut Kalifee (Marriage or Challenge) that T'Pring brought up since she wanted Stonn instead of Spock (who was too much of a "legend" for her taste LOL).

Loved that they had a wild Selhat (sp?) chasing them. Those sabertooth bear creatures have been part of Vulcan lore since TOS.

Loved the whole mind-meld thing... but it made me wonder if Stovall was either a Syrranite or at least a sympathizer. He volunteered for that too easily.

Loved that they mentioned Mt. Seleya.

Loved that they made use of Surak's Katra, very well constructed and got a laugh that they stuck it in Archer for safe-keeping.

Loved the veiled references to Christianity on Earth and the oral/written traditions and first-hand vs third-hand source discussion. Very TOSy.

Loved that one of the members of the Syrranites is T'Pau... the Vulcan High Priestess who officiated at Spock's almost wedding to T'Pring! OMG, they're finally fixing all the BooBoos (or were they booboos?) from the first two seasons of ENT!

It's obvious that the Vulcans I was complaining about when this show started aren't really Vulcans! At least, not the ones I know and love. I always suspected they were actually Romulans... and I'm pretty sure that's going to be the explanation. This is pre-divide! The Syrranites will grow into the Vulcans we "know" and the current High Command will leave and form the Romulan Star Empire. They're even sneaky - purposely trying to frame the Syrranites for the Embassy explosion!

Who wrote this episode? I could kiss them for giving me my Star Trek back!!! Did I mention I can't wait for the next episode!!!?

Edited by mj

First of all i would like to say season 4 rocks so far , Manny Coto has done an excellent job :dude::dude: .

10 - Excellent Episode, my favorite episode of the season so far. What a shame about Admiral Forest :dude: (i liked his character ) . This must be the first time i actually liked Soval (a changed Vulcan) and i was shocked to discover we was one of the Vulcan’s that could do mind melds.

The references from The Voyage Home were good (Vulcan’s Katra)

Overall an excellent episode can't wait for the next episode in the Arc.

Edited by trek_dude

Sign in to follow this