Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Harry and Women

You know Harry not only had problem of being promoted. He also seemed to have a lot of "LOVE" problems. He was constantly falling for the wrong woman. I mean I have never seen anyone make so many mistakes, in regards to falling in love. He even once fell in love with a HOLOGRAM. It's like he may have had the "smarts" to excel at the Academy. But when it came to common sense and making wise decisions about women, he often seemed to miss the boat. :)

You know Harry not only had problem of being promoted.  He also seemed to have a lot of "LOVE" problems.  He was constantly falling for the wrong woman.  I mean I have never seen anyone make so many mistakes, in regards to falling in love.  He even once fell in love with a HOLOGRAM.  It's like he may have had the "smarts" to excel at the Academy.  But when it came to common sense and making wise decisions about women,  he often seemed to miss the boat.  :martok:

It's perfect! It's because of Libby. He was MEANT to be with her, ok? And if he ever got together with someone else, it would ruin that (that, and they had one of those characters for every series)

I personally didn't feed much of a bond between Harry and Libby in Non Sequitor. In a galaxy of strange phenomena, I thought she was too quick to pile so much suspicion on him (and even called Starfleet), even if he was acting very strangely. At least she helped him escape in the end.

You know Harry not only had problem of being promoted.  He also seemed to have a lot of "LOVE" problems.  He was constantly falling for the wrong woman.  I mean I have never seen anyone make so many mistakes, in regards to falling in love.  He even once fell in love with a HOLOGRAM.  It's like he may have had the "smarts" to excel at the Academy.  But when it came to common sense and making wise decisions about women,  he often seemed to miss the boat.  :martok:

You mean falling out of the boat? Sorry, flashback to the Holodeck date with the Delaney sisters. But I agree he made alot of bad choices, but he is young and it happens.

Harry Kim just tried too hard most of the time.

He even had a crush on 7 of 9.

Harry is a poor misunderstood soul who tries too HARD.

:angry: :P

:martok:

Harry Kim just tried too hard most of the time.

He even had a crush on 7 of 9.

Harry is a poor misunderstood soul who tries too HARD.

:)  B)

:bow:

Yes, I agree that he tried to hard.

But I was thinking. Maybe he kept going for women that he found unobtainable because he did not want to get hurt. I know several people that do that because they know deep down that it is not going to happen, so they do not get hurt as bad when it does not work out.

But I was thinking.  Maybe he kept going for women that he found unobtainable because he did not want to get hurt.  I know several people that do that because they know deep down that it is not going to happen, so they do not get hurt as bad when it does not work out.

You are correct. There are many people who are frightened of relationships because they are fearful of being hurt. Some of course have been through hurtful situations in the past and don't want to relive them. Harry did have his share of mishaps in love. And your theory is well founded. :)

But I was thinking.  Maybe he kept going for women that he found unobtainable because he did not want to get hurt.  I know several people that do that because they know deep down that it is not going to happen, so they do not get hurt as bad when it does not work out.

You are correct. There are many people who are frightened of relationships because they are fearful of being hurt. Some of course have been through hurtful situations in the past and don't want to relive them. Harry did have his share of mishaps in love. And your theory is well founded. :andorian:

Thank you. It just made me think about it, because I went through a phase like that after my last major relationship.

Thank you.  It just made me think about it, because I went through a phase like that after my last major relationship.

For better or worse, our past always impacts our present and our future. The key is not to let the past run tapes that cloud our vision to the point that we don't realize the present and the future do not have to turn out like the past. :)

Poor Harry never got a break either way.  I'm sure he was sort of envious of Paris's relationship with Be'Lanna.

:bow: Great point!!! I too questioned from time to time whether he was envious of his best friends' relationship with B'Elanna. Several here have also mentioned his relationship with Libby.....Guess I'd not considered that as a significant factor in his life. And perhaps I should look into it. :bow:

It is funny that I came across this post thread because I just saw the episode 'The Disease' last night. It was interesting how Harry Kim almost gave up his entire career just for the love of a alien women he just meet a few days. The intense romance between them (i think) impared his judgement and therefore broke protocol because of the strong emotional bond between them. Yet again I came to think about it more and wondered if the female just used Harry to get her task complete, manipulating him to get her to do her plan. Harry Kim always fell in traps of love, but hopefully he realized from this 7 year adventure that the true love he always desired was waiting for him back on Earth.

It is funny that I came across this post thread because I just saw the episode 'The Disease' last night. It was interesting how Harry Kim almost gave up his entire career just for the love of a alien women he just meet a few days. The intense romance between them (i think) impared his judgement and therefore broke protocol because of the strong emotional bond between them. Yet again I came to think about it more and wondered if the female just used Harry to get her task complete, manipulating him to get her to do her plan. Harry Kim always fell in traps of love, but hopefully he realized from this 7 year adventure that the true love he always desired was waiting for him back on Earth.

Interesting that you also watched this episode. Because it illustrates my point exactly. I too could not believe how involved Harry got with this woman immediately....to the point of disobeying his Captain. Yes, his judgment about women certainly left a lot to be desired......and it was so directly opposite to his jugment as a Star Fleet officer. :rolleyes:

Mmmm Libby (jennifer gatti)

122183.jpg

jenheadshoty2k04t.jpg

Sorry she was nice to look at, she was also in TNG ( she played Worf's love interest Ba'el in Birthright 1 and 2)

In 'Homecoming'

Click for Spoiler:

She and Harry resume their relationship but is bumpy because she is an officer with Starfleet Intelligence's Covert Op's

So hope is not lost for our young Lieutenant.

Thanks for the info. about Harry and Libby. Harry was a nice guy.......the "good guy" so to speak on Voyager. But in spite of all his "goodness," his intellectual abilities, his good looks, his likeable qualities, and capablities as a Star Fleet officer; to me his personal life just seemed a bit sad. While I'm not saying one has to be in a reltionship to be happy........it seemed to me that Harry wanted one so badly. But something was always wrong each time he fell for a woman.

Poor chap, the only time he seemed to get it right was with Musetta Vander as Tal in 'The Disease', but alas it was not to be :waaaa:

I quite like her, she also played Teal'c's wife in 'The changeling'

Well, yes, he was sadly not lucky in love...

But, well.. I suppose it was youth and trying to hard.

And just some bad luck

If you didn't see much of a vibe between Harry and Libby, you have to read Pathways. Once you read it you will see that there is no other woman for Harry. :rolleyes:

Loved that book. And of course they were meant for each other :ph34r: thank you!! D

Also, what is this "Homecomming" you mentioned, jdigs?

Also, what is this "Homecomming" you mentioned, jdigs?

Homecoming is a book that just came out, it's basically what happens when Voyager gets home. Amazing book! :rolleyes: