Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen of Borg

How Much Did You Pay For Tickets..

For those who have ever been to a convention, how much did you pay to go? How much did the tickets cost? I've never been to one, sadly I never see that many coming to Atlanta or any other place in Georgia.

I've only been to one convention, and the only reason I went was because it was within walking distance of my house. It wasn't a major one, but I did get to meet Gates McFadden. the guy who playes Reed, and Majel Barret. (To tell a secret, Majel was a little drunk. I could smell the wine on her breath from 3 booths away.) However, I did convince my dad to come with me.

He had to pay $10 to get in. I snuck in for free while they were still setting up. :unsure:

After I debated with Majel about why Picard couldn't stand her and yet he never had the computer's voice changed my dad forced me to watch Galaxy Quest that night. :blink:

Unfortunately, most cons are pure rip-offs today. You can expect to pay well over $50 just for 1 day. In the old days, if you waited in line long enough, you would get an autograph from the guest(s). Today, you have to be among the first 100 people to buy a ticket for a con in order to get an autograph. In addition, some of the guests are starting to charge an additional fee for an autograph. My experience has mainly been with cons in Baltimore. We used to have 3 per year but are now down to just 1.

Unfortunately, most cons are pure rip-offs today. You can expect to pay well over $50 just for 1 day. In the old days, if you waited in line long enough, you would get an autograph from the guest(s). Today, you have to be among the first 100 people to buy a ticket for a con in order to get an autograph. In addition, some of the guests are starting to charge an additional fee for an autograph. My experience has mainly been with cons in Baltimore. We used to have 3 per year but are now down to just 1.

279575[/snapback]

What?! That's highway robbery! I've only been to one, in Sacremento in '95. It cost $20 (I think) and I got autographs from Rene Auberjonois and Armin Shimmerman.