Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Thinking Of Opening My Own Comic Book Store

First Off...It Might Be A Good Idea For Me To Take Some Kind Of Business Class. This Is Something That's Really Interested In Doing. I'd Like To Not Only Sell What's Popular, But Everything I Can Get My Hands On. Comic Book Realted Merehendise Is Something I Wanna Include Too, Like Hats, Shirts, Stickers, Pins, etc, etc...

Any Feedback Would Be Much Appreciated. :unsure:

You want to make sure you research everything very carefully. That way you don't end up in a bad lease or other nasty situation.

You also have to be very careful with your finances. The business I plan on buying into someday has a guideline that you need to set aside at least one year's operating costs before you even start the process so you don't run out of money before you start showing a true profit.

A business class sounds like a really good idea to start with. Then watch a bunch of Star Trek and pay very close attention to the Ferengi. :unsure: :blink:

Best of luck to you!

Well..I Did Buy My Own Copy Of The Rules Of Acquisition From The Star Trek Experiance. :unsure:

And Thanks :blink:

Rule Of Acquisition # 59 - Free Advice Is Seldom Cheap.

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

This spoiler is ONLY for Sam's eyes. anyone else, Click at your own Risk :unsure:

Click For Spoiler
If you need any marketing advice, just PM me, I have a degree in Business Marketing :blink:

This spoiler is ONLY for Sam's eyes. anyone else, Click at your own Risk :unsure:

Click For Spoiler
If you need any marketing advice, just PM me, I have a degree in Business Marketing :blink:

279515[/snapback]

Alrighty Then :o

make sure to stock it with things people want to read and have. There is a comic bookstore close to where I live that has a ton of comics and collectables. But sadly their comics they have for sale really do suck and no one ever goes there. I'm always the only one there when I go to the comic store.

make sure to stock it with things people want to read and have. There is a comic bookstore close to where I live that has a ton of comics and collectables. But sadly their comics they have for sale really do suck and no one ever goes there. I'm always the only one there when I go to the comic store.

279537[/snapback]

Hmmm...Yeah...Getting The In Demand Comics Is A Must, But Like I Said..Plan On Doing That And Selling Anything Else I Can Get.

Good Thing Is Though, There's No Real Comic Book Store In Town. There Is A Comic Book Shelf In The Book Store At The Mall, But It's Just A Shelf, lol

A great person to emulate in this field is Steve Geppi. Any fan of comics should know who he is. I've known Steve for over 25 years. He was a mailman who wanted to start his own business, a comic book store. He went through neighborhoods knocking on doors asking people if they had any old comics they wanted to get rid of. He then opened his first store. It was a small store situated underneath a shoe repair store. Some time later, he opened up 2 more stores.

One day Steve figured out that the real money was to be made in distribution of comics, not selling them. He took his profits and started Diamond comics. which today is the largest book and magazine distributing company in the world. Every comic book store in the USA has to go through Steve to get their comics from Marvel,DC,etc. Today, Steve is a millionaire several times over, is the publisher of Baltimore Magazine and is a part owner of the Baltimore Orioles. Despite his success, he is still one of the nicest guys in the world. It never went to his head. If you met him on the street, you would never guess he was a millionaire. He comes off as just a regular guy. I've always told him that he should write an autobiography as it would be an inspiration to any budding entrepenours.