Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Just Got The Avatar Books

you should read:

1. Avatar (two book series)

2. Gateways the DS9 books anyways

(not sure if this actually is part of the relaunch it since it spans all the series. but in the next DS9 books there are brief references about what went on in gateways. i myself didn't get this multibook story b/c its like 6+ books in all, and i don't have that kind of money!! :laugh: i don't think you need to read them since it doesn't have any links to the rest of the books)

3. Mission:Gamma (4 book set)

4. Rising son (1 book all about jake sisko)

5. Unity (not out yet, look for it late this year, but on the cover it has sisko and major kira in a starfleet uniform superimosed on the UFP logo, so you can guess what this book is about.)

after that i'm not too sure what else is comimg out next.... hehe.. get reading! and have fun, most of the books are really good.

Guest Ktrek

I don't have the complete list in front of me but I think you missed the Section 31 DS9 book called Abyss which I think comes before Demons. Also, even though it doesn't fall in sequence of release order the Left Hand of Destiny parts 1 &2 would be a good read. The story picks up immediately following the events in the final episode of DS9. It still stays within the continuity established by the relaunch books. This is probably one of the most enjoyable reads in the DS9 series. If you like fantasy stories along the line of Terry Brook's Shannara series, David Eddings or Robert Jordan then you would really enjoy this epic tale. I would place it more in the fantasy genre than sci-fi.

Ktrek

I think you missed the Section 31 DS9 book called Abyss which I think comes before Demons.

Oh I got all 4 Section 31 Books for Christmas :laugh:

Thanks for thr recomendations guys

The DS9 Relaunch series has many tangents and offshoots, but they're also a lot of fun to read.

The 'main' storyline (that is, the story of the main crew of DS9) is told in the following books, in order:

• Avatar, Book One of Two by S.D. Perry

• Avatar, Book Two of Two by S.D. Perry

• (S.C.E. #6: Cold Fusion by Keith R.A. DeCandido, published online in eBook form or found in print form in S.C.E. Book Two: Miracle Workers - this story isn't integral to the overall relaunch storyline but tells how the S.C.E. crew fix something that happens to DS9 at the end of Avatar Two)

• Section 31: Abyss by David Weddle and Jeffrey Lang (part of the four-part Section 31 'crossover' of self-contained books)

• Gateways, Book Four of Seven: Demons of Air and Darkness by Keith R.A. DeCandido (part of the Gateways crossover starring the TOS, Challenger, TNG, DS9, VGR, and NF crews - this book is relatively self-contained, so long as you don't care about the larger question of the Iconians)

• Gateways, 'Horn and Ivory' by Keith R.A. DeCandido, found in Gateways, Book Seven of Seven: What Lay Beyond

• Mission Gamma, Book One of Four: Twilight by David R. George III

• Mission Gamma, Book Two of Four: This Gray Spirit by Heather Jarman (I'm in the middle of this book now)

• Mission Gamma, Book Three of Four: Cathedral by Michael A. Martin and Andy Mangels

• Mission Gamma, Book Four of Four: Lesser Evil by Robert Simpson (supposedly the end of this book spoils the end of Rising Son)

• Rising Son by S.D. Perry (actually continues from the end of Avatar Two and takes place simultaneously as all the prior books)

• The Left Hand of Destiny, Book One of Two by J.G. Hertzler and Jeffrey Lang

• The Left Hand of Destiny, Book One of Two by J.G. Hertzler and Jeffrey Lang (I think this duology takes place from the end of DS9 season seven to right before Unity, but since I haven't gotten to these books yet, I really don't know, I'm just drawing this from online reviews)

• Unity by S.D. Perry (coming in November 2003)

There are other books related to the DS9 Relaunch, but these are the important ones.

I just finished Unity the most recent book in the relaunch series and I am jumping up and down in ecstasy over how it all ended up .... what a great series and what a wonderful book.

I love Ro Laren ... how great to see her interacting with the guys/gals at DS9. They could have done another 7 years of this show, I would have been glued to the set. Especially if the folks who wrote these books were writing the scripts. Excellent storyline.