Sign in to follow this  
MeeMaw

Kinda sad...

My hubby and I went on our weekly visit to see his mom at a nursing facility close to our home. I wore my fave T-shirt with Kirk and Spock on it. One of the ladies told me that she was trying to figure out a way to get my shirt. I was a tad confused but I asked her if she was a fan of the show. She said "Yes, from the very beginning!" She was so excited. It got me to thinking about when I have to go, or if I do, will I have my Indy and ST posters on the walls with my tribbles by my bedside? By then do you think we will have nursing facilities that cater only to specific tv shows? That would be a cool idea. :laugh: The nurses and aides would have to wear television specific clothing and know about the show. Maybe that's one of the requirements for employment. And with ST there would have to be a OS wing, TNG wing, VOY wing, DS9 wing and an ENT wing. And at dinner they would have to have ST on the big screen tv. Sorry, I'm being silly now. :laugh: Just something to think about.

Katy

not silly, anything to make our final years here on earth as bareable, and pleasant as possible. so you go find the funding to start it, and were all right behind you. :laugh:

I know the perfect place for it Mee Maw. In the Utopia Planitia subdivision we were all creating based on your wonderful idea.

I like the way you think.

I really like that idea but Im not planning on going to a nursing home when im old and decrepid  :laugh:

Well, I'm not planning on becomming old and decrepid!

In the words of Commander William T. Riker: Speak for yourself, sir. I plan to live forever.

In the words of Commander William T. Riker: Speak for yourself, sir. I plan to live forever.

Nice Quote!

I don't plan on going to a nursing home either. If, in the far, far future, I become frail and unable to care for myself, I'll move in with my son. That way, I can pay him back for everything he put me through during his teenage years!!!

I don't plan on going to a nursing home either.  If, in the far, far future, I become frail and unable to care for myself, I'll move in with my son.  That way, I can pay him back for everything he put me through during his teenage years!!!

Hehehe, that's a great idea! :innocent:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

My other motto is "Live hard, Die young, and leave a great looking corpse." :innocent:

By then do you think we will have nursing facilities that cater only to specific tv shows?  That would be a cool idea.  :innocent:  The nurses and aides would have to wear television specific clothing and know about the show.  Maybe that's one of the requirements for employment.  And with ST there would have to be a OS wing, TNG wing, VOY wing, DS9 wing and an ENT wing.  And at dinner they would have to have ST on the big screen tv.  Sorry, I'm being silly now. :laugh:  Just something to think about.

Katy

haha, that would be cool! tng wing for me, if I ever do go in a nursing home.

and also maybe by then we'll all live a lot longer and not have nursing homes anymore...its strange to think how everything will be changed, especially with technology,just look back to the 1950's how far we've come.

Just imagine having our grandchildren giggle when we mention DVD's...Because they are outdated and old technology...

I plan to live long enough to be a burden to my children! :)

Kind of makes me remember something that my dad used to say, about spending the first and last couple of years of your life in diapers, and the only difference being the person changing them.