Sign in to follow this  
MeeMaw

I was wondering

if anyone knows how many ST actors were in Roots? I know of three right off the top of my head but I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer. Thanks!

Katy

I think I know the three you're talking about: LeVar Burton, Ben Vereen (played Geordi's father), Madge Sinclair (played Geordi's mother). Does anyone know anyone else?

I'd forgotten about them...the ones I saw of course were LaVar, *forgive me* the guy who played Tuvoc, and Capt. Sisko. Those were the three that I saw.. So lets see we've found 5 so far...anyone else? Of course I could make this easy on myself and look in the IMDb...but that wouldn't be any fun. :laugh:

Katy

Are you talking about the original or are you including the sequels? I know Kate Mulgrew played opposite Avery Brooks as a slave hunter. And John Shuck was in the original Roots and played guest roles in ST IV and a couple of series episodes. Tim Russ (Tuvok) was in Roots - The Gift

Paul Winfield was in Roots: The Next Generation and his trivia bite said this:

Is one of only 32 actors or actresses to have starred in both the original Star Trek (up to and including Star Trek VI:The Undiscovered Country) and then in one of the spin offs - Who are the other 31